Senior UX/UI Designer
About the job
Who We Are
Joyride Games is a full-stack platform for building and publishing mobile games that empower player ownership. More than 5MM players having already enjoyed Joyride’s initial titles, which have ranked consistently in the top ten blockchain-based games globally. Its distribution platform and wallet infrastructure have one of the widest consumer reaches in web3.
Joyride’s premium Super Champs game franchise brings AAA game experiences to focuses on zany athletes competing in a range of super sports. Tennis Champs, the initial title in this franchise, is currently in beta with the holders of the Genesis collection of character avatar NFTs, which sold out within 30 seconds of launch.
Joyride leaders have spent decades building hit games and creating new genres at companies like Disney, Popcap, and Electronic Arts, reaching over a billion players. Join us on this exciting journey as we build and power the next generation of mobile games together!
As a Senior UI/UX Designer at Joyride, you will have a tremendous amount of influence over our original IP mobile games. You will work closely with our Director of UI/UX, game designers and engineers to create interfaces that simplify and communicate gameplay features, for both core gameplay and broader meta-game systems.
- Create high-quality Game UI art assets (portfolio examples required)
- Create and maintain design system libraries in Figma
- Close collaboration with engineering to improve and implement game UI
- Own and collaborate on UX/UI explorations for new features and design UX flows, drawing from a deep knowledge of game industry best-practices
- Deliver key design artifacts such as style guides, storyboards, user flows, Figma wireframes, prototypes and finished UI assets
- 5+ years of professional UI/UX experience with emphasis on mobile games
- Good knowledge of Figma and Design Systems
- Strong understanding of game development UI/UX best practices and visual design fundamentals
- Outstanding attention to detail and polish, demonstrated in your game-centric portfolio
- Experience owning & driving UI/UX design for major game features on released products
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, self-directed, iterative environment
- Portfolio demonstrating strong visual design, including hands-on creation of game UI assets for shipped mobile games
NOTE: we will only respond to applicants who meet minimum qualifications and include a portfolio link
Bonus points for:
- Knowledge of implementation in Unity
- Motion UI Design - creating / prototyping UI animations
- Illustration skills
Web3 Games Platform | NFTs | Play and Earn