Senior Test Automation Engineer (SET)
At Metrika, we are building the world's premier Operational Intelligence and Risk Management platform for Blockchain. We strive to develop our systems by observing the best practices of our craft; this means building redundant, performant, secure and scalable systems, while at the same time enabling our company to deliver the best services and products it can to its customers. To achieve this, with a small team, we invest in automation and comprehensive testing at all levels.
These are the early days of our platform, and as a SET you will be able to contribute, influence and take ownership in significant parts of our systems. Our goal is to build a very high performance platform, capable of analysing thousands of transactions across multiple blockchain networks in real-time. We have a multi-cloud platform in the making, optimizing for cost, security and the scalability/elasticity of our platform.
We are a very small team and our goal is to automate as much as possible, letting us focus on the business-critical, creative side of our work. If you are a SET with a solid understanding of modern microservice-based, serverless, containerized distributed applications, web application end-to-end and non-functional testing and would love to work with a geographically distributed team across Europe and North America, join us!
What this position is all about:
- Designing, implementing, evolving and maintaining our web applications end to end and non-functional test suites
- Driving the test automation framework that powers Metrika's systems, services and web applications.
- We automate everything. You will be required to perform manual exploratory testing (as needed) for existing and new features, with the goal of translating those tests into automated test suites.
- Working alongside frontend engineers, backend engineers and SREs to promote TDD/shift-left principles across the company
Please note: Our Engineering team is predominantly based in Europe. This position is currently open to those resident and currently able to work in the European Economic Area (EU, Norway, Liechtenstein), Switzerland, the UK as well the eastern United States/Canada (UTC-4/UTC-5 timezone)
Metrika Inc. is an Equal Opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion.
You will need:
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science. Masters degrees are preferred.
- Proven test automation experience in production environments using industry standard CI/CD systems and test automation frameworks. We use playwright and TypeScript at Metrika, so you should be either familiar or able to pick it up very quickly.
- The ability to function autonomously to solve problems, and deliver working software. Our geographic distribution requires people that can work well on their own.
- The ability to communicate well with your team, both interactively and asynchronously, and that of being a positive, constructive team member. We really value teamwork and communication, and the SET role demands frequent interaction with both Engineering and Product team members.
You'll probably be a great fit if you have:
- An ISTQB Advanced Level Test Automation Engineer certification or equivalent
- Familiarity with playwright and/or TypeScript
- Familiarity with Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, Ansible (or Puppet, Saltstack, Chef)
- Familiarity with UNIX systems
- Experience with and interest in blockchain systems
Once you submit your application, you will receive an automated email from the recruitee.com domain within a few minutes acknowledging we have received your application. If you do not receive this email within a few minutes, please check your spam folder or other filtered folders. And to ensure our future communications reach you, please add emails from the recruitee.com domain to your safe list.