Senior Product Designer
* We have paused hiring for this position. If you are interested in working as a Product Designer at Metrika, please do complete the application and we will be in touch once we resume hiring for this role*
Metrika is a well-funded US-based startup building the world's premier operational intelligence platform for blockchain. Metrika works with a variety of organizations, such as blockchain vendors and associations, to help them and their community members analyze the performance, security, and reliability of their Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) networks.
As the first designer on the team, you’ll own end-to-end design processes and decisions that accelerate product development. You’ll work closely with Product Managers and Engineers to take our MVP product to the next stage by designing new features and deeply understanding the needs of our users. You’ll own strategic decisions around our design system and advocate for design best practices across the team.
If you are passionate about solving problems in a nascent field where there aren’t defined answers yet and would love to work with a small, geographically distributed team in the early stages, join us!
What You’ll Do:
- Design robust features that address user pain points. Includes researching comparable solutions, creating high fidelity prototypes in Figma, and testing with users
- Understand user needs through customer discussions and research
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering teammates to brainstorm features, define requirements, and launch high impact experiments to learn quickly
- Collaborate with engineers to translate requirements and guide implementation, understanding when trade-offs are necessary
- Own design system decisions that balance the needs of the product with our capacity to execute
- Build internal processes to help the company improve the way we design products
What You'll Need:
- 3+ years of experience working on products as a Product or UI/UX designer
- Experience designing products from initial idea to launch
- Experience running user research and designing experiments to drive learnings
- Experience creating prototypes and user flows
- Experience leveraging qualitative feedback and quantitative data to inform design decision
- Experience with design systems and component libraries
- Experience designing responsive web apps
- Ability to communicate thoughtfully and effectively with teammates across functions
- Ability to convey ideas clearly in written and visual format
- Strong sense of ownership and decision-making even in ambiguous situations
- Nice to have:
- Experience designing monitoring, analytics, networking technology or SaaS platforms
- Experience using Figma
- Familiarity with blockchain
- Experience working in a startup environment
This position is currently open only to:
- Individuals who reside and are authorized to work for any employer in the United States OR
- Individuals who reside and have the right to work in Canada OR
- Individuals who reside and have the right to work in the European Economic Area (EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein) and the UK.
Metrika Inc. is an Equal Opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion.
Once you submit your application, you will receive an automated email from the recruitee.com domain within a few minutes acknowledging we have received your application. If you do not receive this email within a few minutes, please check your spam folder or other filtered folders. And to ensure our future communications reach you, please add emails from the recruitee.com domain to your safe list.