Senior Software Engineer - Backend
About Joyride Games
Who we are:
At Joyride we've spent decades building games on the edges of what's possible at companies like Disney, Popcap, and Electronic Arts. Our team has built some of the biggest games on Facebook, iOS, and Android, entertaining over 300 million users. These titles all earned enthusiastic and long-lived player communities that led to their commercial success.
These experiences have taught us how hard it is to build a successful game with a vibrant and sustainable community. With Joyride, our goal is to put market-leading infrastructure for web3 games into the hands of every game creator. Join us on this exciting journey as we build the next generation of community-owned games together!
Joyride is backed by key gaming and blockchain investors such as Coinbase Ventures, Animoca Brands, Solana Ventures, Dapper Labs, Bitkraft Ventures, SuperLayer, Modern Times Group, Mirana Ventures. Check out more info about our recent funding onCoindeskand more about the companyhereJoyride's Genesis Tennis Champs NFT drop sold out in 30 seconds onOpenSea.
Joyride Games is a global gaming company with offices in Palo Alto California, Austin Texas, and Bangalore India.
Function: Software Engineering → Backend Development
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve software systems on Joyride backend systems.
- Write high-performance, modular and testable code.
- Build the libraries and frameworks that support large, complex web applications.
- Share knowledge via formal mentoring, reviewing code, reviewing and writing design documents.
- Manage individual priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
- Contribute to engineering efforts from planning and organization to execution and delivery to solve complex engineering problems.
- Work closely with the engineering, product, and analytics teams to implement and maintain backend systems.
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in CS or related fields preferably from tier-one institutes.
- 3 years of experience on Server Backend Distributed and Parallel Systems, Scalable.
- Enterprise Platforms and Applications, Application Security, and Incident Management.
- Very good at CS fundamentals, Code design, and Object-oriented programming.
- Expertise in writing high-performance and modular code.
- Experience in building java based backend applications.
- Development experience with Unix/Linux.
- Strong empathy for the end-user experience.
- Self-driven, self-motivated, and comfortable with deadlines and fast iteration cycles.
- Experience in unit testing.
- Knowledge of play framework.
- Experience in the Akka actor system is a plus.
Why Explore a Career at Joyride Games
Why Joyride Games:
Joyride Games is a place where you can build a
career while making a real impact on our company. When you join Joyride Games,
you join a team of people who truly care about the company and the work they
do. If you are energized by a high-growth, fast-paced environment and are
looking to do meaningful work, we want to hear from you!
Benefits of working with us:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive medical insurance
- Monthly Happy Hours.
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
Benefits at Joyride Games
● Competitive Salary ● Comprehensive medical insurance ● Monthly Happy Hours. ● A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
Your application has been successfully submitted.