Lead Machine Learning Engineer (CV & Graphics)
Genies is Gen Z’s leading avatar technology company empowering humans to create their own avatar ecosystems. Genies provides tools that allow users to create their own avatars, avatar wearable fashion lines, avatar worlds, and avatar interactive experiences in web3. The company has 99% celebrity avatar market share through its partnerships with Universal Music Group and Warner Music Group as their “official avatar and digital goods provider with thousands of Genie creators including Justin Bieber, Migos, Cardi B, and J Balvin. Our avatar marketplace “The Warehouse” built with Dapper Labs, allows creators to design and sell their avatar ecosystem creations (i.e. avatar fashion lines) to the masses. Genies has raised $200M from investors such as Silver Lake, BOND, NEA, and Breyer Capital.
Genies is looking for our first Lead Machine Learning Engineer to join our rapidly growing team. As our Lead Machine Learning Engineer, you’ll play a key role in driving Genies Artificial Intelligence Generated Content (AIGC), and be responsible for designing, developing, and deploying machine learning models to generate high-quality, dynamic content for our digital avatars. You will work closely with our content and creative teams to infuse AI and machine learning capabilities into our products. As our ML Lead, you'll be at the forefront of both advancing our technology stack and opening up new doors for consumer self-expression and creativity. This is not only your chance to join a growing start-up as it pioneers a new industry, but operate as the first engineer for a function that will shape the future of consumer interactions for Genies.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Collaborating with R&D, Technical Art, and Application teams to integrate AI/ML/CV into avatars, wearables, and avatar performance.
- Designing and implementing Machine Learning models, as well as optimizing and retraining existing ones.
- Implementing Machine Learning and Computer Vision pipelines and features in an agile workflow.
- Mentoring team members and staying current with the latest research to advance organizational knowledge in Machine Learning and related technologies.
- Working closely with content and creative teams to integrate AI and machine learning into products for dynamic and high-quality content generation.
- Optimizing and improving AI model performance for content generation.
- Collaborating with other engineers, designers, and product managers to develop new features and products.
- Staying up-to-date with the latest developments in machine learning and AI.
- Contributing to a positive team culture.
What You Should Have:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field with a strong background in machine learning and AI.
- Proficient in Python programming with strong experience in machine learning libraries such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, and scikit-learn.
- Strong experience in image, and video generation, and content creation using AI.
- Proven ability to solve complex problems and make data-driven decisions through strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Solid understanding of machine learning concepts and algorithms, and their application in the field.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills, ability to work well in cross-functional teams and collaborate with stakeholders.
- Experience in creating AI-generated content is a plus.
How Genies will support you
Genies is a well-funded, growing start-up that cares deeply about each of our employees' growth and success. Our roles and their responsibilities are created with a breadth of scope that introduces each employee to exciting new challenges and opportunities that a growing start-up encounters. The actual base pay is dependent upon a number of factors, including: professional background, training, transferable skills, work experience, education, location, business and product needs, and market demand. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. Full-time employees may also be eligible for equity compensation, in addition to a robust health, wellness, and benefits package.
Starting Salary Range: $180,000.00 to $240,000.00 USD
Here's why you'll love working at Genies:
- You'll work with a team that you’ll be able to learn from and grow with, including support for your own professional development
- You'll be at the helm of your own career, shaping it with your own innovative contributions to a nascent team and product with flexible hours and a work from home policy
- You'll enjoy the culture and perks of a startup, with the stability of being well funded
- Comprehensive health insurance for you and your family (Anthem + Kaiser Options Available), Dental and Vision Insurance
- Competitive salaries and 401K program for all full time employees
- Flexible paid time off, sick time, and paid company holidays, in addition to paid parental leave, bereavement leave, and jury duty leave for full-time employees
- Health & wellness support through programs such as monthly wellness reimbursement
- Working in a brand new, bright, open-environment and fun office space - there’s even a slide!
- Choice of MacBook or windows laptop
Genies is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.
Your application has been successfully submitted.