Technical Program Manager
Genies is Gen Z’s leading avatar technology company empowering humans to create their own avatar ecosystems. Genies provides tools that allow users to create their own avatars, avatar wearable fashion lines, avatar worlds, and avatar interactive experiences in web3. The company has 99% celebrity avatar market share through its partnerships with Universal Music Group and Warner Music Group as their “official avatar and digital goods provider with thousands of Genie creators including Justin Bieber, Migos, Cardi B, and J Balvin. Our avatar marketplace “The Warehouse” built with Dapper Labs, allows creators to design and sell their avatar ecosystem creations (i.e. avatar fashion lines) to the masses. Genies has raised $200M from investors such as Silver Lake, BOND, NEA, and Breyer Capital.
Genies is looking for a highly organized and innovative Technical Program Manager to contribute to the development of new technology products for our suite of products. In this role, you’ll be responsible for various stages of product development and collaborating with a variety of software development teams. You will also be responsible for the deployment and integration of new products. To ensure success as a technical program manager, you should exhibit strong leadership skills and extensive experience in technical program management in a related industry. Top-notch technical program managers combine their business knowledge with technological expertise to promote product innovation.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Develop technical roadmaps that delivers on the product vision
- Communicate the product vision to engineering teams and guide development to meet business goals
- Facilitate engineering planning and cost estimation
- Develop and implement best practices across the engineering organization
- Work across Engineering, Product, Design, Art, and QA to identify functional and project dependencies
- Identify blockers/issues (both technical and non-technical) and mitigate risk to program success
- Evaluate technical tradeoffs and influence engineering decisions and priorities
- Support Engineering Managers in product development, documentation, and release
- Serve as the technical expert in product and business discussions and ensure engineering is represented in all major decisions affecting the engineering organization
- Communicate program status to stakeholders and senior leadership
What You Should Have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Technology Management, or related professional experience
- 3-5 years of experience in Software Engineering or Technical Program Management, preferably in the Computer Software industry
- Track record of delivering complex software products in an ambiguous environment
- Experience working with engineering teams in software development
- Experience driving cross functional collaboration across Art, R&D, Engineering, Product, Design, and Business teams
- Knowledge and experience working with cloud platforms (AWS, Azure)
- Knowledge and experience working with Game/AR/VR development technologies (Unity, Unreal, ARKit, ARCore)
- Knowledge and experience working with mobile development technologies (Kotlin, Swift, Unity)
- Ability to identify and evaluate product performance metrics, as well as diagnose and resolve issues
- Fluency with Atlassian SCM suite
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
How Genies will support you
Genies is a well-funded, growing start-up that cares deeply about each of our employees' growth and success. Our roles and their responsibilities are created with a breadth of scope that introduces each employee to exciting new challenges and opportunities that a growing start-up encounters. The actual base pay is dependent upon a number of factors, including: professional background, training, transferable skills, work experience, education, location, business and product needs, and market demand. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. Full-time employees may also be eligible for equity compensation, in addition to a robust health, wellness, and benefits package.
Starting Salary Range: $135,000.00 to $185,000.00 USD
Here's why you'll love working at Genies:
- You'll work with a team that you’ll be able to learn from and grow with, including support for your own professional development
- You'll be at the helm of your own career, shaping it with your own innovative contributions to a nascent team and product with flexible hours and a work from home policy
- You'll enjoy the culture and perks of a startup, with the stability of being well funded
- Comprehensive health insurance for you and your family (Anthem + Kaiser Options Available), Dental and Vision Insurance
- Competitive salaries and 401K program for all full time employees
- Flexible paid time off, sick time, and paid company holidays, in addition to paid parental leave, bereavement leave, and jury duty leave for full-time employees
- Health & wellness support through programs such as monthly wellness reimbursement
- Working in a brand new, bright, open-environment and fun office space - there’s even a slide!
- Choice of MacBook or windows laptop
Genies is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.
Your application has been successfully submitted.