Genies is Gen Z’s leading avatar technology company empowering humans to create their own avatar ecosystems. Genies provides tools that allow users to create their own avatars, avatar wearable fashion lines, avatar worlds, and avatar interactive experiences in web3. The company has 99% celebrity avatar market share through its partnerships with Universal Music Group and Warner Music Group as their “official avatar and digital goods provider" with thousands of Genie creators including Justin Bieber, Migos, Cardi B, and J Balvin. Our avatar marketplace “The Warehouse” built with Dapper Labs, allows creators to design and sell their avatar ecosystem creations (i.e. avatar fashion lines) to the masses. Genies has raised $200M from investors such as Silver Lake, BOND, NEA, and Breyer Capital.
Genies is looking for an experienced Product Designer to join our growing design team. Reporting to the VP of Design, a Product Designer here at Genies plays an integral role in developing and managing several aspects of Genies design and creative output across our suite of mobile products. You'll own Genies end to end visual design strategy and influence our mobile design philosophy and principles. Collaboration at Genies is key to our success and we are looking for someone who loves to collaborate closely with our engineering, product, and studio teams to solve both macro and micro UI/UX challenges; all while delivering an immersive and dynamic user experience. Our ideal candidate is a hands-on UI/UX product designer who thrives in creative, ambiguous, and collaborative environments. Genies mission is to empower consumer to build and own their own avatar ecosystems, which will allow users to express their authentic selves and connect with like-minded individuals. If you’ve ever dreamt of creating a consumer journey for the next medium of communication that sits at the center of culture, then Genies is the next chapter of your career.
What You Should Have:
- Minimum of 4+ years of UI/UX mobile design experience that demonstrates your craftsmanship
- An ability to lead end-to-end design on products for mobile - web/desktop is a plus
- Exceptional user experience and design skills, and a portfolio of design work that shows the full range of your product design, user research, interaction design and visual design skills
- Strong product thinking, systems thinking and a track record for driving results by building products that provide great user experiences and business value
- Expert level proficiency with Figma, Adobe Suite, etc.
- Excellent storytelling with an ability to inspire via compelling stories
- Naturally curious and always seeking to learn more
- Experience with motion design and designing for accessibility
- Facilitate the design process, present and iterate design solutions, driven by group critique
- Possess not just exceptional product design skills, but the ability to implement strategic and conceptual thinking as well
- Strong information presentation (visual and written) skills; outstanding written and verbal communications
What You'll Be Doing:
- Define the user experience, interactions, and user interface through user flows, information architecture, sketches and wireframes, visual design, and user data & analytics
- Conducting and leading user research, stakeholder interviews, and framing problems and insights through stories that help your team envision opportunities
- Using a human-centered design process to develop user stories, personas, user flows, design mockups, prototypes and specs for our most complex projects
- Owning projects from beginning to end, while helping guide more junior & intermediate designers through their design process
- Contributing to and helping shape product design vision and strategy, generating buy-in, advocating for great user-centered practices, and operationalizing the strategy and processes for product design
- Using designs to help further internal exploration and R&D
- Recruit and manage a team of product designers
- Help to maintain visual and brand consistency between all products and outlets
- Collaborate and work cross-functionally with other teams such as Engineering, Product, Art & Animation, and Senior Management
How Genies will support you
Genies is a well-funded, growing start-up that cares deeply about each of our employees' growth and success. Our roles and their responsibilities are created with a breadth of scope that introduces each employee to exciting new challenges and opportunities that a growing start-up encounters. The actual base pay is dependent upon a number of factors, including: professional background, training, transferable skills, work experience, education, location, business and product needs, and market demand. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. Full-time employees may also be eligible for equity compensation, in addition to a robust health, wellness, and benefits package.
Starting Salary Range: $125,000.00 to $230,000.00 USD
Here's why you'll love working at Genies:
- You'll work with a team that you’ll be able to learn from and grow with, including support for your own professional development
- You'll be at the helm of your own career, shaping it with your own innovative contributions to a nascent team and product with flexible hours and a work from home policy
- You'll enjoy the culture and perks of a startup, with the stability of being well funded
- Comprehensive health insurance for you and your family (Anthem + Kaiser Options Available), Dental and Vision Insurance
- Competitive salaries and 401K program for all full time employees
- Flexible paid time off, sick time, and paid company holidays, in addition to paid parental leave, bereavement leave, and jury duty leave for full-time employees
- Health & wellness support through programs such as monthly wellness reimbursement
- Working in a brand new, bright, open-environment and fun office space - there’s even a slide!
Genies is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.
Your application has been successfully submitted.