Senior Product Manager
Genies is culture’s leading avatar technology company empowering humans to create their own avatar ecosystems. Genies provides tools (Genies Avatar Creator OS) that allows users to create their own avatars, avatar wearable fashion lines, avatar worlds, and avatar interactive experiences in web3. The company has 99% celebrity avatar market share through its partnerships with Universal Music Group and Warner Music Group as their “official avatar and digital goods NFT provider” with thousands of Genie creators including Justin Bieber, Migos, Cardi B, and J Balvin. Bringing the power of NFTs and crypto to culture, Genies’ avatar ecosystem NFT marketplace “The Warehouse” built with Dapper Labs, allows talent, IP, and creators to design and sell their avatar ecosystem creations (i.e. avatar fashion lines) to the masses. Genies has raised $200M from investors such as Silver Lake, BOND, NEA, and Breyer Capital.
Reporting to the Head of Product, Genies is looking for an experienced Senior Product Manager. Our ideal candidate thrives in ambiguity and a robust creative environments. They have a proven track record for delivering 0 to 1 product vision and strategy, the ability to manage up, down and cross-functionally, and possess a strong business acumen. You have extensive experience working on social networking and consumer products, and thrive in environments that use the latest emerging technologies. You are always looking for innovative, efficient methods to handle complex projects and unique ways to understand audiences, and excel at coordinating between team members to deliver projects, ensuring the execution of our product roadmap and vision. You’ll partner with key leaders and stakeholders throughout the company to ensure we are delivering on our product vision and goals, along with key business objectives.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Responsible for collaborating with the VP of Product and CEO to define and execute on product vision and roadmap.
- Deliver innovative user experiences that reinforce, enhance and extend the brand equity of Genies
- Identify trends and key insights to drive product iterations, user growth & retention, and to make key product decisions and featured recommendations that enhance the overall user experience.
- Responsible for owning cross-functional tasks between engineering, design, art & animation, business, data science, and operations
- Incorporate data, research, and market analysis to make informed product decisions, strategies and roadmaps.
- Motivate, support, and drive teams of engineers and cross-functional department leads to ensure product quality, delivery, performance and execution
- Understand Genies strategic and competitive position; while staying on top of the latest market and consumer trends
- Maximize efficiency in a constantly evolving environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm.
What You Should Have:
- Bachelor's degree (BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or related field preferred)
- Minimum 5+ years of Product Management experience within consumer facing applications and products (social networking experience a plus)
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle such as product vision, go-to-market strategy, product roadmap and prioritization development, and product launch
- 0 to 1 product experience within an early/mid-stage company or high-growth division within larger organizations
- Utilize consumer insights and market intelligence to deliver new product features and ideas
- Experience partnering with executive leadership and key cross functional product stakeholders that include, but not limited to: engineering, R&D, design, operations, art & animation functions
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills; a meticulous eye for detail with a passion for delivery innovative user experiences/products
- Experience with both consumer mobile and web based products; preferably Social Media Apps & Platforms, UGC tools, Developer Tools, or Mixed Reality Experiences/Platforms
Superpowers / bonus points if you can demonstrate:
- Expertise in distributed collaboration, OSS, governance &/or game theory
- A coherent vision around emerging digital phenomena like VR/AR, Web 3, the Metaverse, etc.
How Genies will support you
Genies is a well-funded, growing start-up that cares deeply about each of our employees' growth and success. Our roles and their responsibilities are created with a breadth of scope that introduces each employee to exciting new challenges and opportunities that a growing start-up encounters. The actual base pay is dependent upon a number of factors, including: professional background, training, transferable skills, work experience, education, location, business and product needs, and market demand. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. Full-time employees may also be eligible for equity compensation, in addition to a robust health, wellness, and benefits package.
Starting Salary Range: $175,000.00 to $275,000.00 USD
Here's why you'll love working at Genies:
- You'll work with a team that you’ll be able to learn from and grow with, including support for your own professional development
- You'll be at the helm of your own career, shaping it with your own innovative contributions to a nascent team and product with flexible hours and a work from home policy
- You'll enjoy the culture and perks of a startup, with the stability of being well funded
- Comprehensive health insurance for you and your family (Anthem + Kaiser Options Available), Dental and Vision Insurance
- Competitive salaries and 401K program for all full time employees
- Flexible paid time off, sick time, and paid company holidays, in addition to paid parental leave, bereavement leave, and jury duty leave for full-time employees
- Health & wellness support through programs such as monthly wellness reimbursement
- Working in a brand new, bright, open-environment and fun office space - there’s even a slide!
- Choice of MacBook or windows laptop
Genies is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.
Your application has been successfully submitted.