About the job
Technical Artist (Games/Web3) Canada
Matrix Labs is an established Web3 R&D company that has been at the forefront of developing blockchain technology for many years. We are passionate about bringing the metaverse to the masses. Our project Matrix World is the first multi-chain metaverse project, and we’re looking to recruit skilled developers like yourself to help craft amazing world experiences.
Matrix Labs is looking for an experienced Technical Artist who can help us make the first online world that looks fantastic on any device. It’s a tall order, but your experience will help shape the future of the metaverse and what the world can expect from it today and in the future. It’s a new frontier with new art problems, and you're exactly the person to help create it.
The Technical Artist is a full-time position and is remote-friendly for Canadians. West coast time zone preferred.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Work to continuously improve the 3D production pipeline (Blender, 3D Max and Unity) alongside the programming department
- Help develop a set of best practices, solutions and tools to solve problems and drive the continuous improvement of the visual quality of our projects
- Seek to constantly push the limits of available technology to make the best use of tools and drive production efficiency
- Find innovative solutions and demonstrate expertise in rendering optimization and tool automation
- Identify optimization challenges, apply your expertise to problem-solve, and share techniques to overcome them
- Create tools and scripts to improve the art team’s efficiency
- Develop visual features of the game, whether creating new shaders, pioneering new asset creation techniques, or creating technical prototypes and mock-ups
- Work with team leads across various disciplines to enhance gameplay, environments and character animation
- Ensure that assets integrate with minimal friction into the game engine without sacrificing set visual quality.
- Provide concise, constructive feedback and solutions when identifying recurring issues/needs, documenting recommendations to improve limitations or optimal use cases in pipeline and tools
- Troubleshoot gameplay and architecture issues that might impact content creation and integration, and develop workflows to compensate for such limitations
- Help with animation pipelines; the ability to modify existing rigs and weighting
- You’ve at least two years of experience as a Technical Artist at a game, VFX, or feature animation studio. Or proof of technical ability in Unity
- You have a solid knowledge of real-time 3D game engines such as Unity or Unreal Engine
- You have a solid understanding of 3ds Max, Blender and Substance Painter or equivalent
- You’ve experience with real-time visual effects and particle systems
- You’ve experience creating and optimizing shaders
- You know all about 3D modelling, texturing, lighting and VFX
- You’ve got excellent written and oral communication skills
- You’re a self-starter attitude with excellent problem-solving skills
- You’re a team-player attitude with the ability to collaborate effectively with various stakeholders in a fast-paced environment
- Portfolio demonstrating production, artistic and technical skills
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Creators of Matrix World, technical partners for Phanta Bear