Lead Game Designer
nWay is looking for an experienced designer with proven design leadership to help drive the gameplay vision on a multiplayer game with innovative blockchain technology. The ideal candidate will have experience designing realtime competitive game mechanics and level design features in a remote development environment. The individual must be an expert on what makes a game highly accessible but compelling enough to keep the competition element challenging yet fair. They’ll work cross-discipline to not only bring concepts to completion but also to develop the tools and systems required to build those systems.
- Drive the core second to second gameplay with great player controls and engaging level design.
- Work closely with the Lead System designer to create engaging and gameplay systems with fun features that will improve user experience, engagement, and monetization.
- Transform high-level ideas into detailed and well-thought out concepts.
- Create GDDs, level layouts, and clear feature documentation for new games and content.
- Work with Product and Content leads to implement design concepts.
- Analyze key performance indicators, user testing and feedback, recommend design solutions, and modify game concepts accordingly.
- Ability to create the designs and guide the implementation of game content and/or systems with an eye for engagement, retention and monetization
- 5+ years as a designer or systems designer with at least 3+ years on a live free-to-play mobile game.
- Deep familiarity with competitive multiplayer genres on mobile, PC, console, and tabletop
- Expert knowledge of player controls and level design for competitive games
- Desire to work with an established IP
- Expert knowledge of a wide spectrum of game systems and concepts
- Ability to analyze data into actionable tasks
- Understanding of game balance, including statistics, virtual goods, economics and user motivations
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Strong technical skills with a solid grounding in math and probability
- Superb balance, tuning, and polishing skills
- Familiarity with Unity
- Proficiency with C# and/or Unity3D
- Proficiency with Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Experience with racing or platform game design
- Running live ops for at least 1 year
- Working knowledge of blockchain and NFT technology
- Interest in sports and real-world competitive games
- Passion for the collectibles market
Why you want to work here
At nWay, we’re passionate about creating meaningful entertainment through real games with digital ownership and we’re always looking for talented individuals who share that same drive. We’re a small startup defined by a very collaborative, lean and laid back culture where everyone just wants to get things done. Our office is located in the heart of San Francisco and we’re conveniently located near BART, Muni, SF Ferry and Caltrain. We also offer medical, dental, vision insurances, FSA and commuter options. Most importantly, we do our best to keep everyone’s belly full with a fully stocked snack room plus office lunches!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Bringing the fun to real-time multi-player games across gaming platforms.