Lead iOS Engineer
Genies is Gen Z’s leading avatar technology company empowering humans to create their own avatar ecosystems. Genies provides tools that allow users to create their own avatars, avatar wearable fashion lines, avatar worlds, and avatar interactive experiences in web3. The company has 99% celebrity avatar market share through its partnerships with Universal Music Group and Warner Music Group as their “official avatar and digital goods provider with thousands of Genie creators including Justin Bieber, Migos, Cardi B, and J Balvin. Our avatar marketplace “The Warehouse” built with Dapper Labs, allows creators to design and sell their avatar ecosystem creations (i.e. avatar fashion lines) to the masses. Genies has raised $200M from investors such as Silver Lake, BOND, NEA, and Breyer Capital. The Board of Directors consists of Bob Iger, Mary Meeker, Rick Yang, and Akash Nigam.
Genies is looking to bring on our first Lead iOS Engineer to design, build, and maintain the next generation of iOS applications. Reporting to the Director of Engineering, your primary focus will be developing high-end iOS applications for the latest Apple mobile devices. Your duties may include collaborating with the design team for new application features, identifying and fixing application bottlenecks, maintaining the core code, and updating applications published on the App Store. The future of consumer social experiences will be interactive experiences owned by consumers, and Genies mission is to empower consumers to build and own their own avatar ecosystem. This is an amazing opportunity to join a unicorn company as it embarks on its journey into hyper growth and disrupt the future of consumer social experiences.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Develop, design, create, modify, and/or test software applications or systems for various mobile software services
- Work closely with product and design teams to build new and innovative application experiences for the iOS platform
- Implement custom native user interfaces using the latest iOS programming techniques and development tools
- Build reusable iOS software components for interfacing with our back-end platforms
- Analyze and optimize UI and infrastructure application code for quality, efficiency, and performance
- Work on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires review of a variety of factors
- Work independently, use available resources to get unblocked, and complete tasks on schedule by exercising strong judgment and problem solving skills
- Master company development standards from developing to releasing code in order to take on tasks and projects with increasing levels of complexity
What You Should Have:
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, Analytics, Mathematics, Physics, Applied Sciences, or a related field. Position also requires completion of a university-level course/research project/internship/thesis, or 6 months of experience, in the following:
- Object-oriented software development
- Building complex applications for the iPhone, iPad and other iOS based products using Objective-C, Swift or C++ with the iOS SDK
- Building maintainable and testable code bases, including API design and unit testing techniques
- Multithreading programming and mobile memory management
- One of the following programming languages: Objective-C, Swift, C, C++
- Building large-scale infrastructure applications
- Relational databases and SQL
- Linux or Unix
- Experience programming for mobile devices on Unity
Here's why you'll love working at Genies:
- You'll work with a team that you’ll be able to learn from and grow with, including support for your own professional development
- You'll be at the helm of your own career, shaping it with your own innovative contributions to a nascent team and product with flexible hours and a work from home policy
- You'll enjoy the culture and perks of a startup, with the stability of being well funded
- Comprehensive health insurance for you and your family (Anthem + Kaiser Options Available), Dental and Vision Insurance
- Competitive salaries and 401K program for all full time employees
- Flexible paid time off, sick time, monthly mental health days and paid company holidays; in addition to paid parental leave, bereavement leave, and jury duty leave for full-time employees
- Health & wellness support through programs such as monthly wellness reimbursement
- Working in a brand new, bright, open-environment and fun office space - there’s even a slide!
- Choice of MacBook or windows laptop
Genies is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.
Your application has been successfully submitted.