Genies is culture’s leading avatar technology company empowering humans to create their own avatar ecosystems. Genies provides tools (Genies Avatar Creator OS) that allows users to create their own avatars, avatar wearable fashion lines, avatar worlds, and avatar interactive experiences in web3. The company has 99% celebrity avatar market share through its partnerships with Universal Music Group and Warner Music Group as their “official avatar and digital goods NFT provider” with thousands of Genie creators including Justin Bieber, Migos, Cardi B, and J Balvin. Bringing the power of NFTs and crypto to culture, Genies’ avatar ecosystem NFT marketplace “The Warehouse” built with Dapper Labs, allows talent, IP, and creators to design and sell their avatar ecosystem creations (i.e. avatar fashion lines) to the masses. Genies has raised $200M from investors such as Silver Lake, BOND, NEA, and Breyer Capital.
Genies is looking for a Creative Coordinator to join our team to support all creative efforts across the company. Most notably, the creative team provides creative ideation, strategy and hands-on support to our network of Talent and Creators. Creative executions take form in all shapes and sizes but include consistent attention to celebrity avatars, animated activations, copywriting, digital fashion collections and an ever-evolving list of creative touchpoints. Whether it’s animated content for Justin Bieber’s upcoming album, a virtual performance for Paris Hilton, a DIY Collab event for Abby Roberts at New York Fashion Week or anything in between - every little detail plays a role in their long term vision. With fashion being the first big pillar we’ve released Creator Tools for, the Creative Team is heavily involved in the curation, designing and collaboration aspects across the entire company’s digital fashion efforts. We are looking for creative visionaries and storytellers who can seamlessly add to the DIY Creator vision, the fashion design processes, the storytelling with Creators + Talent, and many other visual and strategic focuses across the company.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Leading or collaborating on creative ideas, briefs, copy and strategies for a plethora of Creators and Talent in our network
- Designing and developing fashion collections for select Creators + Talent through the form of mood boards, briefs, and other ideation forms
- Working with the creative team to form larger strategies and build long term narratives through the form of various avatar, fashion, content and experiential touchpoints
- Developing bespoke marketing campaigns and strategies that are influenced by the emotions and narrative elements of the underlying product or experiences (eg. marketing digital fashion collections)
- Helping lead misc. creative executions for other Brands, IP partners, and various internal Genies teams
- Collaborating with all art departments - concept, animation, rigging, and compositing teams throughout the creative process to execute ideas
- Proactviely working on improving larger storytelling tools or opportunities for all Creators + Users
What You Should Have:
- An all-around knack for creative storytelling and expression - medium agnostic. You’ll be leading executions for content, digital fashion, copy, marketing/campaigns, events, and more
- Ability to visualize a finished product and communicate via written and visual instructions so others can bring that vision into fruition
- Strong interest, knowledge and ability to create (digital) fashion
- Passion and knowledge for all aspects of culture: music, fashion, talent, designers, gen-z and more
- An understanding of the DIY obsession and culture of Gen-Z
- Capability of working fully independently and collaboratively - with high level outputs
- Extreme attention to detail
- A genuine passion towards pro-creator philosophies
- Basic skills in Adobe Creative Suite (or similar programs): Premiere, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
Here's why you'll love working at Genies:
- You'll work with a team that you’ll be able to learn from and grow with, including support for your own professional development
- You'll be at the helm of your own career, shaping it with your own innovative contributions to a nascent team and product with flexible hours and a work from home policy
- You'll enjoy the culture and perks of a startup, with the stability of being well funded
- Comprehensive health insurance for you and your family (Anthem + Kaiser Options Available), Dental and Vision Insurance
- Competitive salaries and 401K program for all full time employees
- Flexible paid time off, sick time, and paid company holidays, in addition to paid parental leave, bereavement leave, and jury duty leave for full-time employees
- Health & wellness support through programs such as monthly wellness reimbursement
- Working in a brand new, bright, open-environment and fun office space - there’s even a slide!
- Choice of MacBook or windows laptop
Genies is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.
Your application has been successfully submitted.