Genies is culture’s leading avatar technology company empowering humans to create their own avatar ecosystems. Genies provides tools (Genies Avatar Creator OS) that allows users to create their own avatars, avatar wearable fashion lines, avatar worlds, and avatar interactive experiences in web3. The company has 99% celebrity avatar market share through its partnerships with Universal Music Group and Warner Music Group as their “official avatar and digital goods NFT provider” with thousands of Genie creators including Justin Bieber, Migos, Cardi B, and J Balvin. Bringing the power of NFTs and crypto to culture, Genies’ avatar ecosystem NFT marketplace “The Warehouse” built with Dapper Labs, allows talent, IP, and creators to design and sell their avatar ecosystem creations (i.e. avatar fashion lines) to the masses. Genies has raised $200M from investors such as Silver Lake, BOND, NEA, and Breyer Capital.
Seated in our Los Angeles based headquarters, Genies is looking for a Talent Relations Coordinator to join our team to streamline processes between all external partners and our internal teams. The team is responsible for an ever-evolving list of projects, activations and brand building initiatives with hundreds of celebrity partners, creators and larger partnerships such as Universal Music Group and Warner Music Group. This position will be responsible for coordinating the communication to and from external Talent & Creator contacts and all internal departments (creative, production, social, community, PR, etc). Our ideal candidate will proactively help develop and roll out strategic programs/initiatives for the Talent and Creator teams. This individual will thrive in an autonomous environment and work to exercise their creative juices in bringing our creator partner’s vision to fruition.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Coordinate the backend of all talent/creator relationships, conversations and projects
- Manage the partner relations database and contact schedules
- Oversee the scheduling of Talent & Creator interactions
- Participate in talent/creator meetings and facilitate action items and next steps
- Handle feedback, collateral, timelines and priorities on talent/creator projects
- Compile and send follow-ups, notes and misc. material to talent teams and creators
- Coordinate campaigns and efforts with cross-functional partners such as Social Marketing, Community, Legal and PR
- Help develop and build out new ideas, projects, and processes
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed
What You Should Have:
- 2+ years of experience in marketing, talent, music or entertainment
- Must be organized and have the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Personable with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter with a solution-driven mindset to critical thinking and problem solving
- Genuine passion for culture, talent relations, and the creator economy
- Readiness to adapt and constantly evolve processes
- Ability to collaborate and execute with others and problem solve alone
- Strategic capabilities based off of a constant analytical approach to daily happenings
Here's why you'll love working at Genies:
- You'll work with a team that you’ll be able to learn from and grow with, including support for your own professional development
- You'll be at the helm of your own career, shaping it with your own innovative contributions to a nascent team and product with flexible hours and a work from home policy
- You'll enjoy the culture and perks of a startup, with the stability of being well funded
- Comprehensive health insurance for you and your family (Anthem + Kaiser Options Available), Dental and Vision Insurance
- Competitive salaries and 401K program for all full time employees
- Flexible paid time off, sick time, and paid company holidays, in addition to paid parental leave, bereavement leave, and jury duty leave for full-time employees
- Health & wellness support through programs such as monthly wellness reimbursement
- Working in a brand new, bright, open-environment and fun office space - there’s even a slide!
- Choice of MacBook or windows laptop
Genies is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.
Your application has been successfully submitted.