Director, People & Culture
Director, People & Culture
Genies is culture’s leading avatar technology company empowering humans to create their own avatar ecosystems. Genies provides tools (Genies Avatar Creator OS) that allows users to create their own avatars, avatar wearable fashion lines, avatar worlds, and avatar interactive experiences in web3. The company has 99% celebrity avatar market share through its partnerships with Universal Music Group and Warner Music Group as their “official avatar and digital goods NFT provider” with thousands of Genie creators including Justin Bieber, Migos, Cardi B, and J Balvin. Bringing the power of NFTs and crypto to culture, Genies’ avatar ecosystem NFT marketplace “The Warehouse” built with Dapper Labs, allows talent, IP, and creators to design and sell their avatar ecosystem creations (i.e. avatar fashion lines) to the masses. Genies has raised $200M from investors such as Silver Lake, BOND, NEA, and Breyer Capital.
Genies is looking for a Director of Human Resources to join and support our growing team, reporting to the Chief Legal and People Officer. The Director of Human Resources will be based in LA at Genies HQ and will be responsible for significant aspects of the HR department, including performance management, leadership and organizational development, coaching, total rewards, and will also help drive HR business partnership for a portion of the Company. You will be a champion for our amazing and unique culture to ensure that we are embodying the Genies virtues. This position entails both strategic and tactical functions – assessing the needs of the business and translating those into actions that will help grow and develop the business, its leaders and employees.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Lead and develop a comprehensive vision for talent management at Genies, including performance management and real-time feedback, leadership and organizational development, employee learning and development, career pathing, succession planning, and coaching
- Establish and lead the development of the rewards and recognition function, including driving the establishment of salary structures, incentive plans, benefits and recognition
- Serve as a strategic advisor and key HR business partner to the development, engineering and creative leadership teams, and assist employees on key talent, organizational and management issues
- Work across the HR team to ensure culture efforts consistent with the company virtues, and ensure Genies culture continues to thrive
- Should be a strong talent magnet for the company, working closely with talent acquisition
- Ensure operational excellence for your respective areas of responsibility, and establish the right processes, programs, and methods to scale these efforts as Genies continues to grow
- Lead annual cycle activities for Genies, including performance reviews, promotion cycles, and compensation reviews
What You Should Have:
- Bachelor’s degree (US or equivalent), MBA or MA/MS in related field preferred
- 8+ years prior work experience in an HR role, with at least 4 years of HR leadership experience
- A comprehensive understanding and experience with multiple HR disciplines, including HR business partners, employee relations, compensation and benefits, immigration and relocation, talent and organizational development, etc.
- Experience driving talent programs for high growth technology firms (online consumer tech preferred), entertainment companies or similar industries. Strong understanding of both development/engineering and/or creative job disciplines
- History of building high performance cultures, leadership teams and organizations
- High integrity, professionalism, and ability to work well under pressure and in ambiguity
- Exceptional communicator and driver of change
- Curious, with an intense appetite to learn and a passion for organizations and culture
- Proven ability to get results through operating with influence
- Meticulous, solutions oriented and creative thinker
- Team player who works well cross-organizationally
- Solutions oriented thinker, pushing to drive innovation in the HR function
- Interest in and focus on company culture
- SPHR or GPHR certification
- Global work experience
- Executive coaching or overall coaching certification
- Multi-disciplinary HR leadership and significant HR business partner responsibilities
- Experience in a high growth start-up
Here's why you'll love working at Genies:
- You'll work with a team that you’ll be able to learn from and grow with, including support for your own professional development
- You'll be at the helm of your own career, shaping it with your own innovative contributions to a nascent team and product with flexible hours and a work from home policy
- You'll enjoy the culture and perks of a startup, with the stability of being well funded
- Comprehensive health insurance for you and your family (Anthem + Kaiser Options Available), Dental and Vision Insurance
- Competitive salaries and 401K program for all full time employees
- Flexible paid time off, sick time, and paid company holidays, in addition to paid parental leave, bereavement leave, and jury duty leave for full-time employees
- Health & wellness support through programs such as monthly wellness reimbursement
- Working in a brand new, bright, open-environment and fun office space - there’s even a slide!
- Choice of MacBook or windows laptop
Genies is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.
Your application has been successfully submitted.