Sr. QA Engineer - Mobile
Genies is culture’s leading avatar technology company empowering humans to create their own avatar ecosystems. Genies provides tools (Genies Avatar Creator OS) that allows users to create their own avatars, avatar wearable fashion lines, avatar worlds, and avatar interactive experiences in web3. The company has 99% celebrity avatar market share through its partnerships with Universal Music Group and Warner Music Group as their “official avatar and digital goods NFT provider” with thousands of Genie creators including Justin Bieber, Migos, Cardi B, and J Balvin. Bringing the power of NFTs and crypto to culture, Genies’ avatar ecosystem NFT marketplace “The Warehouse” built with Dapper Labs, allows talent, IP, and creators to design and sell their avatar ecosystem creations (i.e. avatar fashion lines) to the masses. Genies has raised $200M from investors such as Silver Lake, BOND, NEA, and Breyer Capital.
Genies is looking for a Sr. QA Engineer to join our growing engineering team. Our ideal candidate thrives in complex and challenging technical environments that involve the latest technologies that will define web3 consumer experiences. You'll work cross functionally, and introduce testing solutions that will support our objectives for delivering a world class, one of a kind consumer experience. You’ll join a high-performing team and play an integral role in building out automated testing for our mobile application and beyond. We’re looking for creative thinkers who have a passion and commitment to quality software, love learning new and emerging technologies, and are driven to help build successful mobile apps.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Partner with the QA Lead to define automation project milestones and strategies
- Build and maintain scalable test automation frameworks for our Android and iOS apps
- Build and execute UI tests for regression testing
- Collaborate with QA engineers, Dev to troubleshoot and fix bugs/production defects
- Work with teams to integrate automation into daily development activities
- Be an agile engineer and team player; assist with manual and automated pre-release regression testing
- Knowledge share with the team and get more folks involved in writing test specs
- Work with QA and other teams to improve quality processes, model best quality practices
- Log, verify, and prioritize detailed defects (JIRA)
What You Should Have:
- 6+ total years of mobile app testing experience (manual and automated testing)
- 3-5+ years of experience developing automated tests for unity-based, feature rich, consumer-facing mobile applications
- Proven experience leading projects from its inception to full release while working with cross-functional teams, including test planning, manual testing, and automation
- Thorough understanding of mobile application testing and tools (Like Postman, Unity, TestFlight, GitHub, Appium)
- Experience supporting multiple devices, OS versions, and locales
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and shifting priorities
- Experience working with cross functional teams and projects
- Firm grasp of software development life cycles and sprints
- Understanding of agile principles and best practices
Here's why you'll love working at Genies:
- You'll work with a team that you’ll be able to learn from and grow with, including support for your own professional development
- You'll be at the helm of your own career, shaping it with your own innovative contributions to a nascent team and product with flexible hours and a work from home policy
- You'll enjoy the culture and perks of a startup, with the stability of being well funded
- Comprehensive health insurance for you and your family (Anthem + Kaiser Options Available), Dental and Vision Insurance
- Competitive salaries and 401K program for all full time employees
- Flexible paid time off, sick time, and paid company holidays, in addition to paid parental leave, bereavement leave, and jury duty leave for full-time employees
- Health & wellness support through programs such as monthly wellness reimbursement
- Working in a brand new, bright, open-environment and fun office space - there’s even a slide!
- Choice of MacBook or windows laptop
Genies is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.
Your application has been successfully submitted.