Human Resources Generalist
Genies is culture’s leading avatar technology company empowering humans to create their own avatar ecosystems. Genies provides tools (Genies Avatar Creator OS) that allows users to create their own avatars, avatar wearable fashion lines, avatar worlds, and avatar interactive experiences in web3. The company has 99% celebrity avatar market share through its partnerships with Universal Music Group and Warner Music Group as their “official avatar and digital goods NFT provider” with thousands of Genie creators including Justin Bieber, Migos, Cardi B, and J Balvin. Bringing the power of NFTs and crypto to culture, Genies’ avatar ecosystem NFT marketplace “The Warehouse” built with Dapper Labs, allows talent, IP, and creators to design and sell their avatar ecosystem creations (i.e. avatar fashion lines) to the masses. Genies has raised $200M from investors such as Silver Lake, BOND, NEA, and Breyer Capital.
Genies is looking for a process-driven, and proactive HR Generalist to join our growing team. Seated in our Los Angeles headquarters, this role will be responsible for assisting with the day-to-day strategy and execution of People Team initiatives. This role will assist the team to ensure that all employees are empowered to perform at their highest potential. You will support many initiatives related to Compliance, HRIS Administration, Data & Analytics, Employee Onboarding and Offboarding, Employee Development, Recruitment, and Diversity and Inclusion and more! The ideal candidate will be an independent operator who thrives in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment, is passionate about helping others, and is up for the challenge to build processes from the ground up.
What You’ll be Doing
- HR Operations Lead
- Provide HR support and consultation to the business, answering employee and manager questions about HR programs, policies, and other HR-related items (i.e. performance, compensation, career goals, etc.)
- Assists in designing and implementing training and other programs as requested
- Support activities related to coaching, counseling and employee relations to leadership and employees on a variety of actions to allow them to grow and perform at their best
- Support the implementation of strategies to foster a positive work culture to support team member retention and engagement
- Create and Own HR Policies
- Serve as the primary contact for day to day questions on HR programs, policies, requests for data, etc.
- Implement and Administer HR Cycle Efforts
- Support in the creation and delivery of HR programs and processes related to workforce planning, employee engagement, performance reviews, promotion process, talent development, and overall talent management
- Assist in identifying levers and developing strategies that measurably improve engagement and retention (e.g., engagement surveys, exit surveys)
- Help with the annual performance review process. Guide managers and employees through the process and following through with managers to ensure completion
- Handle internal movement and departures processes working alongside cross functional partners and headcount changes
- Onboarding Process Owner
- Oversee and participate in the on-boarding process to ensure orientation and onboarding process is complete and thorough to company standards
- HRIS Lead
- Responsible for the management of employee information in HRIS including performance evaluation, employee history, and organizational charts
- Run ad-hoc and regular reporting (headcount, terminations, new hires, promotions, etc.)
What you should have:
- BS/BA degree ideally with focus in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field
- 4+ years experience working in HR; preferably in a high-growth environment
- General HR knowledge and experience in the areas of employee/labor relations, compensation, benefits, and training/development
- Comprehensive knowledge of federal, state, and local employment and labor laws
- Demonstrated ability to act with the highest level of discretion at all times and handle confidential matters and sensitive data
- Experience working in/with various types of HR Software (HRIS, Performance Management, LMS, et.)
- Excellent communicator both written and verbal to provide reliable and consumable information to the team and across the organization
- Incredibly proactive to take the initiative and work efficiently with little direction
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, tight timelines, and multiple competing priorities in a dynamic environment
Here's why you'll love working at Genies:
- You'll work with a team that you’ll be able to learn from and grow with, including support for your own professional development
- You'll be at the helm of your own career, shaping it with your own innovative contributions to a nascent team and product with flexible hours and a work from home policy
- You'll enjoy the culture and perks of a startup, with the stability of being well funded
- Comprehensive health insurance for you and your family (Anthem + Kaiser Options Available), Dental and Vision Insurance
- Competitive salaries for all full time employees
- Unlimited paid time off, sick time, and paid company holidays, in addition to paid parental leave, bereavement leave, and jury duty leave for full-time employees
- Health & wellness support through programs such as monthly wellness reimbursement
- Working in a brand new, bright, open-environment and fun office space - there’s even a slide!
Genies is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.
Your application has been successfully submitted.