Software Engineer - Backend (Junior)
Genies is culture’s leading avatar technology company empowering humans to create their own avatar ecosystems. Genies provides tools (Genies Avatar Creator OS) that allows users to create their own avatars, avatar wearable fashion lines, avatar worlds, and avatar interactive experiences in web3. The company has 99% celebrity avatar market share through its partnerships with Universal Music Group and Warner Music Group as their “official avatar and digital goods NFT provider” with thousands of Genie creators including Justin Bieber, Migos, Cardi B, and J Balvin. Bringing the power of NFTs and crypto to culture, Genies’ avatar ecosystem NFT marketplace “The Warehouse” built with Dapper Labs, allows talent, IP, and creators to design and sell their avatar ecosystem creations (i.e. avatar fashion lines) to the masses. Genies has raised $200M from investors such as Silver Lake, BOND, NEA, and Breyer Capital.
Genies is looking for recent graduates to join our rapidly growing engineering team. As a Software Engineer - Backend (Junior) here at Genies, you'll become part of a full-stack team to build our Avatar and NFT products (e.g. wearable marketplace) from the backend services to web/mobile applications. The ideal candidate would work well in teams, be comfortable working on a variety of software systems and wearing multiple hats, thrive in complex and ambiguous technology areas that involve the latest technologies that will define web3 consumer experiences. You'll work cross-functionally with our product team as we scale our products and platform, and introduce solutions that will deliver a world-class, one-of-a-kind consumer experience.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Develop a strong understanding of relevant product area, codebase, and/or systems
- Demonstrate proficiency in programming and software engineering across the full-stack
- Produce high-quality code with good test coverage, using modern abstractions and frameworks
- Drive a high standard for software maintainability, quality, resiliency, and performance
What You Should Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Solid CS fundamentals including algorithms, data structures, programming languages, and understanding of modern web applications
- Experience with one or more programming languages or frameworks, including but not limited to: Go, Python, TypeScript
- Familiarity with Git and Github or similar framework for version control
- Experience with AWS, Web Services, CI/CD, Database, GraphQL, and REST APIs is preferred but not required
- Working knowledge of web technologies (such as Browser, HTTP/TCP/IP protocols, DNS, CDN) is preferred but not required
- Good communication and collaboration skills
Here's why you'll love working at Genies:
- You'll work with a team that you’ll be able to learn from and grow with, including support for your own professional development
- You'll be at the helm of your own career, shaping it with your own innovative contributions to a nascent team and product with flexible hours and a work from home policy
- You'll enjoy the culture and perks of a startup, with the stability of being well funded
- Comprehensive health insurance for you and your family (Anthem + Kaiser Options Available), Dental and Vision Insurance
- Competitive salaries and 401K program for all full-time employees
- Flexible paid time off, sick time, and paid company holidays, in addition to paid parental leave, bereavement leave, and jury duty leave for full-time employees
- Health & wellness support through programs such as monthly wellness reimbursement
- Working in a brand new, bright, open-environment and fun office space - there’s even a slide!
- Choice of MacBook or windows laptop
Genies is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.
Your application has been successfully submitted.