Senior Technical Artist - Homes/EcoSystems
Genies is culture’s leading avatar technology company empowering humans to create their own avatar ecosystems. Genies provides tools (Genies Avatar Creator OS) that allows users to create their own avatars, avatar wearable fashion lines, avatar worlds, and avatar interactive experiences in web3. The company has 99% celebrity avatar market share through its partnerships with Universal Music Group and Warner Music Group as their “official avatar and digital goods NFT provider” with thousands of Genie creators including Justin Bieber, Migos, Cardi B, and J Balvin. Bringing the power of NFTs and crypto to culture, Genies’ avatar ecosystem NFT marketplace “The Warehouse” built with Dapper Labs, allows talent, IP, and creators to design and sell their avatar ecosystem creations (i.e. avatar fashion lines) to the masses. Genies has raised $200M from investors such as Silver Lake, BOND, NEA, and Breyer Capital.
Genies is looking for a Senior Technical Artist. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of production experience with Unity, and a strong background in game-development and 3d content pipelines.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Serving as the bridge between Art and Engineering teams, and collaborating with engineers on technical design and workflow solutions
- Optimizing inefficient workflows and processes for Art and Engineering teams by creating automation tools with Unity Editor Scripting and Python
- Exploring and implementing new tools and techniques to continuously push the visual bar of our products using scripting and rapid prototypes
- Standardizing and improving development processes for the production of assets, materials, shaders, LODs, asset streaming, collisions, and interactions
- Creating and maintaining clear and comprehensive documentation of processes, tools, and workflows
- Additional responsibilities as needed
What You Should Have:
- Deep understanding of Unity
- 3+ years experience in games, film, television, AR/VR, or related fields
- 3+ years experience with programming/scripting languages such as C#, Python, C++, Java, Perl, or MEL
- Hands-on experience with Git/Source Control
- Experience with production management software such as JIRA, Shotgun, etc.
- Experience writing shaders in Unity with HLSL or ShaderGraph
- Firm understanding of core mathematical concepts
- Experience with Autodesk Maya and familiarity with a 3D content pipeline.
- Ability to debug and solve issues dealing with game content both in the pipeline and at runtime
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
Here's why you'll love working at Genies:
- You'll work with a team that you’ll be able to learn from and grow with, including support for your own professional development
- You'll be at the helm of your own career, shaping it with your own innovative contributions to a nascent team and product with flexible hours and a work from home policy
- You'll enjoy the culture and perks of a startup, with the stability of being well funded
- Comprehensive health insurance for you and your family (Anthem + Kaiser Options Available), Dental and Vision Insurance
- Competitive salaries and 401K program for all full time employees
- Flexible paid time off, sick time, and paid company holidays, in addition to paid parental leave, bereavement leave, and jury duty leave for full-time employees
- Health & wellness support through programs such as monthly wellness reimbursement
- Working in a brand new, bright, open-environment and fun office space - there’s even a slide!
- Choice of MacBook or windows laptop
Genies is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.
Your application has been successfully submitted.