Senior Full Stack Engineer, Open Source
We’re searching for a passionate senior software engineer to lead open-source development across the Flow developer suite — a collection of software libraries, APIs, and developer tools used by thousands of Flow developers on a daily basis.
The ideal candidate not only has a passion for technical design but is also excited about fostering a diverse open-source community and collaborating to make blockchain development more accessible to developers of any background.
About the Flow Developer Experience team:
The Flow Developer Experience team was born in mid 2020, shortly before the launch of the Flow blockchain network. Our goal has always been to make blockchain development simple and accessible. Since the start, we’ve worked shoulder-to-shoulder with Flow’s developer community to identify pain points and design solutions that have taken the form of client libraries, IDE integrations, and cross-platform authentication protocols.
Our work is language agnostic and requires us to cross all layers of a developer’s software stack. Regardless of what we’re building, we always strive to meet developers where they are — whether that place is a Swift iOS codebase or a data processing pipeline written in Go.
Lastly, we’re not here to reinvent the wheel. Sometimes the best tool is the one you already know. By leveraging well-known tools and frameworks, we aim to prove that any developer can build a blockchain application using the skills they already have.
Browse our GitHub repositories to see what we’re working on now.
What you’ll accomplish with our team:
- Continuously improve the UI layer of our developer tools. You’ll strive to build ergonomic tools and discover the right UX to make Flow development more efficient and intuitive.
- Drive innovation in our space; Flow is a new platform and we are actively exploring new ways to build blockchain applications.
- Collaborate with community members and facilitate external contributions to Flow’s repositories.
- Lead the engineering team throughout the process of gathering developer feedback, designing solutions, shipping new software and maintaining live projects.
- Become a reliable mentor for other engineers and help us build a culture where curious engineers thrive.
A little about you:
- You have experience optimizing the performance of web applications.
- In addition to your existing experience, you are also excited to learn new technologies and step outside of your comfort zone.
- You are able to work with engineers, designers, product managers and other leaders to turn your product and technical vision into executable tasks.
- You are excited about owning the entire lifecycle of our developer tools, from defining a roadmap and proposing designs to implementing a final product.
- You are a great communicator and can collaborate effectively, not only within the Flow organization but also across our open-source communities.
More about Dapper Labs:
Dapper Labs is the world's first blockchain entertainment company. We are the creators of industry-leading experiences including CryptoKitties and NBA Top Shot, as well as Dapper Wallet – the simplest way to manage your assets and use the blockchain. We are also the original developers behind Flow, a new decentralized blockchain designed from the ground up for scalability and ease of use.
Our mission at Dapper Labs is to make the world a more accessible and enjoyable place through consumer adoption of decentralized technologies.
We have raised over $600M from leading and notable investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Coatue, Union Square Ventures, Venrock, Google Ventures (GV), Samsung, and the founders of Dreamworks, Reddit, Coinbase, Zynga, and AngelList, among others. Dapper Labs’ current studio partners include the NBA and NBPA, the NFL-PA, Ubisoft, Warner Music, Turner, Dr. Seuss, Genies, and the UFC, as well as 100+ others.
Visit our website to learn even more about Dapper Labs, including information about benefits and perks.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The NFT Company