Senior Backend Engineer (Dapper Studios)
“Strive for perfection in everything you do. Take the best that exists and make it better. When it does not exist, design it.” - Sir Henry Royce
We're looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to join us at Dapper Studios as we build a bridge between blockchain and gaming. Our most notable project, NBA Top Shot, is a blockchain-powered digital collectible web experience built on cutting-edge tech. With our recent explosive growth, we're looking for someone who has growth and outcome-oriented mindset to push our codebase forward as we balance our need to scale and optimize with shipping new and exciting features, sports and other projects. We're releasing at a high cadence to an eager, excited, and global user-base while defining a new space in blockchain and entertainment.
What we’ll accomplish together
- Build the next evolution of fandom, enabling sports fans a new way to engage with their favourite sports and teams.
- Enhance the software development lifecycle to enable rapid learning including, ideation, technical design, implementation, and testing of product features and tech debt.
- Craft every interaction with our product to be a polished, memorable and engaging experience.
- Put our users first and ship impactful features.
- Identify areas in our technical stack to improve, prioritize rollout with the team and contribute to the implementation.
A little about you
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience.
- Tracking record of delivering the implementation of complex consumer-facing applications at a large scale.
- Experience working with event-driven architectures, Kafka, Redis, Golang, PostgreSQL and cloud services, like GCP or AWS.
- Strong understanding of docker, containers, and Kubernetes.
- Has the courage to try out new tools, fail fast, and dive into unknowns to solve new and challenging problems.
- Influence key technical decisions in organizations, driving innovation and accomplishing the organizations key goals. Provide technical mentorship to grow engineers on the team and consistently raise the bars
Bonus points, but not required
- Blockchain, infrastructure, or platform development experience.
- A love for sports and/or sports collectibles.
More about Dapper Labs:
Dapper Labs is the world's first blockchain entertainment company. We are the creators of industry-leading experiences including CryptoKitties and NBA Top Shot, as well as Dapper Wallet – the simplest way to manage your assets and use the blockchain. We are also the original developers behind Flow, a new decentralized blockchain designed from the ground up for scalability and ease of use.
Our mission at Dapper Labs is to make the world a more accessible and enjoyable place through consumer adoption of decentralized technologies.
We have raised over $600M from leading and notable investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Coatue, Union Square Ventures, Venrock, Google Ventures (GV), Samsung, and the founders of Dreamworks, Reddit, Coinbase, Zynga, and AngelList, among others. Dapper Labs’ current studio partners include the NBA and NBPA, the NFL-PA, Ubisoft, Warner Music, Turner, Dr. Seuss, Genies, and the UFC, as well as 100+ others.
Visit our website to learn even more about Dapper Labs, including information about benefits and perks.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Releasing tools to allow creators of all kinds to build their own DAO communities