Senior Manager, Corporate Tax
Dapper Labs is the world's first blockchain entertainment company. We are the creators of industry-leading experiences including CryptoKitties and NBA Top Shot, as well as Dapper Wallet, the simplest way to manage your assets and use the blockchain. We are also the original developers behind Flow, a decentralized blockchain designed from the ground up for scalability and ease of use
We are currently seeking a proactive and collaborative Senior Manager, Corporate Tax to join our global tax function. This individual will be responsible for Canadian and international tax planning and compliance and serve as a tax strategy partner to the business. This individual should have a curiosity and keen interest in tax issues related to emerging Web 3.0 technologies. In this Corporate role, this individual must have prior experience preparing and managing a global tax provision reporting process and will also manage other corporate processes including tax forecasting and transfer pricing. Together, we will build out robust and scalable tax processes and workflows to manage the rapid growth of Dapper Labs.
What we’ll accomplish together:
- Reporting to the VP, Global Head of Tax, responsible for analysis, planning and tax compliance related to Canadian and international tax matters including SR&ED, intellectual property and innovative new areas related to blockchain & cryptocurrency transactions
- Responsible for the preparation, review and coordination of corporate tax returns for Dapper’s Canadian and international entities
- Ownership of tax provision process to ensure tax provision, purchase accounting and note disclosure is complete and accurate with reporting of unusual items and reconciliation of the effective tax rate in accordance with IFRS
- Responsible for managing the transfer pricing process for our expanding global footprint including documentation, tax compliance and audit defense
- Assist with cross border M&A and post-acquisition integration activities including tax due diligence, structuring and review of agreements
- Build and improve internal tax processes including cash tax forecasting, cash repatriation and internal management reporting and documentation of important tax positions
A little about you:
- 8+ years of combined corporate tax experience in industry and public accounting with a proven track record managing Canadian and international tax issues and compliance
- Chartered Professional Accountant with completion of the CPA In depth Tax Course (or equivalent)
- Solid knowledge of IFRS and tax accounting
- Must have excellent computer, spreadsheet skills. Detail-oriented.
- Tech sector and payment processing experience preferred
- Experience with indirect taxation principles an asset
- Knowledge of NetSuite and reporting tools an asset
- Strong team player that creates a collaborative environment building internal and external relationships with cross functional teams
- Curiosity and interest in the business and emerging Web 3.0 technologies to proactively identify tax planning opportunities and process improvements in the tax function
- Excited to work in a fast paced, hyper-growth environment
- Ability to work independently and prioritize and manage multiple and shifting priorities to produce timely deliverables
- Good verbal and written communication skills to distill complex tax concepts for non-tax business partners
More about Dapper Labs:
Dapper Labs is the world's first blockchain entertainment company. We are the creators of industry-leading experiences including CryptoKitties and NBA Top Shot, as well as Dapper Wallet – the simplest way to manage your assets and use the blockchain. We are also the original developers behind Flow, a new decentralized blockchain designed from the ground up for scalability and ease of use.
Our mission at Dapper Labs is to make the world a more accessible and enjoyable place through consumer adoption of decentralized technologies.
We have raised over $600M from leading and notable investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Coatue, Union Square Ventures, Venrock, Google Ventures (GV), Samsung, and the founders of Dreamworks, Reddit, Coinbase, Zynga, and AngelList, among others. Dapper Labs’ current studio partners include the NBA and NBPA, the NFL-PA, Ubisoft, Warner Music, Turner, Dr. Seuss, Genies, and the UFC, as well as 100+ others.
Visit our website to learn even more about Dapper Labs, including information about benefits and perks.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The NFT Company