Genies is culture’s leading avatar technology company empowering humans to create their own avatar ecosystems. Genies provides tools (Genies Avatar Creator OS) that allows users to create their own avatars, avatar wearable fashion lines, avatar worlds, and avatar interactive experiences in web3. The company has 99% celebrity avatar market share through its partnerships with Universal Music Group and Warner Music Group as their “official avatar and digital goods NFT provider” with thousands of Genie creators including Justin Bieber, Migos, Cardi B, and J Balvin. Bringing the power of NFTs and crypto to culture, Genies’ avatar ecosystem NFT marketplace “The Warehouse” built with Dapper Labs, allows talent, IP, and creators to design and sell their avatar ecosystem creations (i.e. avatar fashion lines) to the masses. Genies has raised $200M from investors such as Silver Lake, BOND, NEA, and Breyer Capital.
Genies is looking for a process-driven, and proactive HR, People & Culture Coordinator to join our growing team. Seated in our Los Angeles headquarters, this role will be responsible for assisting with the day-to-day operations of the People Team. This role will assist with administrative tasks for this department, and act as support for the team, to ensure that all employees are empowered to perform at their highest potential. You will support many initiatives related to Compliance, HRIS Administration, Data & Analytics, Employee Onboarding and Offboarding, and Employee Development, Recruitment, and Diversity and Inclusion and more!
What You’ll be Doing:
- Assist with the implementation and management of all people related strategies, processes, and systems throughout the organization
- Own the administrative portion of the new hire onboarding process, including creating employee profiles, communicating with new hires, scheduling onboarding sessions, facilitating new hire paperwork, I9 forms, computer equipment, etc.
- Assist with ongoing planning and development of employee training and support activities and resources
- Develop HR communications and materials in support of company-wide initiatives and programs, including managing and maintaining internal company wiki pages
- Help create and build new people experience practices and engagement activities, plan and coordinate employee events and activities to continually enhance company culture
- Assist with the day-to-day HR operation and administrative tasks, including responding to employee questions and requests, scheduling, electronic filing and jumping in on general admin-related tasks
What you should have:
- BS/BA degree ideally with focus in Human Resources or Business Administration
- 1-3 years experience working in HR or related field; preferably in a high-growth environment
- Proficiency in Apple and Google applications, such as sheets, slides, and docs and Canva preferred
- Experience working in/with various types of HR Software (HRIS, Performance Management, LMS, et.)
- Proven administrative background
- Excellent communicator both written and verbal to provide reliable and consumable information to the team and across the organization
- Incredibly proactive to take the initiative and work efficiently with little direction
- Demonstrated ability to act with the highest level of discretion at all times and handle confidential matters and sensitive data
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, tight timelines, and multiple competing priorities in a dynamic environment
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Collaborative teammate with a curious mindset and a thirst for learning
- Phenomenal customer service skills with a passion for helping others
Here's why you'll love working at Genies:
- You'll work with a team that you’ll be able to learn from and grow with, including support for your own professional development
- You'll be at the helm of your own career, shaping it with your own innovative contributions to a nascent team and product with flexible hours and a work from home policy
- You'll enjoy the culture and perks of a startup, with the stability of being well funded
- Comprehensive health insurance for you and your family (Anthem + Kaiser Options Available), Dental and Vision Insurance
- Competitive salaries for all full time employees
- Unlimited paid time off, sick time, and paid company holidays, in addition to paid parental leave, bereavement leave, and jury duty leave for full-time employees
- Health & wellness support through programs such as monthly wellness reimbursement
- Working in a brand new, bright, open-environment and fun office space - there’s even a slide!
Genies is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone
Your application has been successfully submitted.