Dapper Labs is the creator of industry-leading experiences including CryptoKitties and NBA Top Shot, as well as Dapper, the simplest way to manage your assets and use the blockchain. We are the original developers behind Flow, a decentralized Layer 1 blockchain and cryptocurrency designed from the ground up for scalability and ease of use.
Flow was originally built by Dapper and is open-sourced and developed in Golang. It is currently running powered by hundreds of nodes distributed around the world and with hundreds of projects already live on chain. However, Flow is a new architecture and as such there is a long list of known areas for improvement and optimization which remain. Working alongside talented engineers you will be solving unique performance challenges that impact the entire community of builders on Flow. These may range from low-level optimization aspects through to large scale, end-to-end architectural changes or refactoring. We have aggressive goals to increase performance and you will have the autonomy and scope to target the most impactful improvements that can be achieved across the full breadth of the protocol.
What we'll accomplish together:
- Improving all aspects of Flow blockchain performance: from low-level data structures (Merkle tries) and algorithms to high-level libraries like storage engine and networking (l.
- Create added observability into the performance characteristics of Flow through the course of your work by providing distributed tracing, metrics, and logs to improve our collectively ability to identify performance issues.
- Collaborate with the automation team to build or improve load generation and benchmarking solutions that quantitatively summarize system performance.
- Create and evangelize performance tools, techniques and best practices across Flow.
Does this describe you?
- You strive for excellence across your software engineering contributions and have strength in engineering and operating distributed systems, as well as system design, scalability, and performance.
- You are passionate about performance optimization and fearlessly root out opportunities to improve, whether at the low-level or otherwise with magnitude order optimizations possible through system re-architecture.
- Your analytical mindset drives your approach; you know how to gather and analyze the necessary data to flush out the highest value performance bottlenecks and areas for improvement.
- You are excited about joining a transparent and honest work environment with supportive, ego-free colleagues committed to solving hard problems.
More about Dapper Labs:
Dapper Labs is the world's first blockchain entertainment company. We are the creators of industry-leading experiences including CryptoKitties and NBA Top Shot, as well as Dapper Wallet – the simplest way to manage your assets and use the blockchain. We are also the original developers behind Flow, a new decentralized blockchain designed from the ground up for scalability and ease of use.
Our mission at Dapper Labs is to make the world a more accessible and enjoyable place through consumer adoption of decentralized technologies.
We have raised over $600M from leading and notable investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Coatue, Union Square Ventures, Venrock, Google Ventures (GV), Samsung, and the founders of Dreamworks, Reddit, Coinbase, Zynga, and AngelList, among others. Dapper Labs’ current studio partners include the NBA and NBPA, the NFL-PA, Ubisoft, Warner Music, Turner, Dr. Seuss, Genies, and the UFC, as well as 100+ others.
Visit our website to learn even more about Dapper Labs, including information about benefits and perks.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Flow is a new blockchain built for the next generation of apps, games, and the digital assets that power them.