Junior Quality Assurance Analyst
Tibles - you know, like Collectibles - is a blockchain-enabled NFT collectibles ecosystem on a mission to make digital collecting as authentic and fulfilling as physical collecting. Built by a team with over 10 years of experience in digital collectible services, Tibles is focused on developing consumer-friendly, innovative and entertaining mobile apps that echo the social, trading, and identity-expressing dynamics of real-world collecting. The company is turbo-charged by already existing relationships with major IP-owners - for example, our first app, Seussibles!, is powered by a partnership with Dr Seuss Enterprises - and we’re backed by some of the top investors in the blockchain space, including Dapper Labs (the company behind NBA Top Shot and the Flow blockchain), Multicoin Capital, CoinFund and Warburg Serres. We’ve raised over $4m in investment capital, including a $3m Seed round in December 2021.
We are starting to grow our Quality Assurance (QA) team and are looking for an entry level to junior level QA candidate. This is a unique opportunity to join a well-positioned, fast growing startup on the ground floor, and be a key part of delivering best-of-breed, consumer-facing apps and websites. You will primarily be focused on test case development, test execution, defect reporting, retesting and providing test status updates. You will help assess and maintain quality, functionality, and usability across our growing family of apps and websites, all dedicated to different pop & geek culture genres such as music, sports, comics, and more.
We seek someone who is highly motivated to help produce high quality products to our customers by closely collaborating with the design and engineering teams to ensure that the QA team does just that - deliver top quality. If you like to break things, find loopholes and/or quirks in code behavior while exploring a feature, this is just the role for you!
While we have an office in New York City, we offer the opportunity for remote-only or hybrid location work, and if you live out of town you’ll get to visit NYC throughout the year. We offer competitive wages, stock options, and comprehensive health insurance; flexible vacation policy; a remote-friendly budget to outfit your home office; and support for professional development classes. We have a results-only work environment and believe company culture and our business principles are as important as strategy.
- Learn and adhere to testing processes; understand and follow the development life cycle processes across various platforms (iOS, Android and Web applications) using the Kanban approach.
- Quickly develop expert understanding of product requirements/specifications, which will be used to create comprehensive and scalable test plans and test case scenarios.
- Actively collaborate with designers and engineers on a continuous basis to ensure test requirements are met before, during and after the development cycle.
- Provide estimates for creating test plans and test cases for the assigned project/tasks as well as the time needed to execute them.
- Create detailed, extensive and easy-to-follow test case scenarios for assigned projects prior to development (test driven development methodology).
- Identify unit test cases along with the engineering team and categorize test scenarios accordingly.
- Execute test cases scenarios post development and accurately capture test results; communicate with the design and engineering team and report any defects in a timely manner.
- Execute user interface (UI), off-road/free-form, smoke, functional, end to end and regression testing on iOS, Android and/or Web application platforms.
- Report defects in a clear and easy-to-follow manner and fully retest fixed defects.
- Prepare for and conduct Test Review sessions with design and development team members to review test cases scenarios and test results to ensure full test coverage has been achieved and raise any other discrepancies.
- Perform peer review of test plans and test cases, and provide constructive feedback.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or related field or equivalent in relevant work experience.
- Analytical, logical and have the ability to think outside of the box/flow to break a functionality (critical and creative thinking).
- Extremely detail oriented, enjoys trying to break things and identifying discrepancies and/or inconsistencies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexible and very adaptable to quick change and/or turn around time.
- Self-motivated and able to complete assigned tasks independently with minimal supervision. Ability to manage time and prioritize tasks to meet project/task/testing deadlines.
- Strong passion for delivering high quality products and constantly striving for excellence and doing better each and every day.
- Eager to learn, grow and have a strong desire to acquire new skills.
- Be an open, honest, positive team player who loves what they do and has fun while doing so!
- 1-2 years experience as a Quality Assurance Analyst.
- Good working knowledge of the software development cycles and test management processes.
- Familiar or experienced with Agile, SCRUM or similar team experience.
- Familiar or experienced with testing of iOS, Android and Web applications.
- Familiar with Google products (Google Mail, Docs, Sheets, Drive, etc.).
- Familiar with Shortcut or any similar ticketing system.
Tibles is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion both in the workplace and in our application process. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
You know, like collecTIBLES.