Genies is culture’s leading avatar technology company empowering humans to create their own avatar ecosystems. Genies provides tools (Genies Avatar Creator OS) that allows users to create their own avatars, avatar wearable fashion lines, avatar worlds, and avatar interactive experiences in web3. The company has 99% celebrity avatar market share through its partnerships with Universal Music Group and Warner Music Group as their “official avatar and digital goods NFT provider” with thousands of Genie creators including Justin Bieber, Migos, Cardi B, and J Balvin. Bringing the power of NFTs and crypto to culture, Genies’ avatar ecosystem NFT marketplace “The Warehouse” built with Dapper Labs, allows talent, IP, and creators to design and sell their avatar ecosystem creations (i.e. avatar fashion lines) to the masses. Genies has raised $200M from investors such as Silver Lake, BOND, NEA, and Breyer Capital.
Genies is looking for a Senior Animator to join the Genies family! A successful candidate will be driven and can collaborate well with the team to push the overall project to new heights. Additionally, one should be able to creatively solve challenging issues in a fast paced environment. Minimum 5 years experience as Senior Animator. Help us create exciting and visually appealing animations!
What You'll Be Doing:
- Work with Animation lead and Supervisor to create high quality keyframe animation with heavy emphasis on full body character acting
- Produce excellent animations and camera animation within tight deadline
- Works more independently while guiding others in delivering animation as part of the team.
- Capable of coming up with new creative ideas and also an eye to be able to give critique
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed
- Help other team members to grow
- Capable of coming up with new creative ideas and also an eye to be able to give critique for.
- Initiative/ideas to improve efficiency within the department
What You Should Have:
- 5+ years of equivalent experience working in a related 3D working environment.
- Good sense of timing and weight in animation performance
- Advanced experience in keyframe acting type animation.
- Professional experience with Maya required, Unity and mocap experience a plus
- Knowledge of animbot
- Ability to draw and sketch ideas clearly
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Solid communication and organization skills
- Willing to take on new challenges and has an appetite for learning, researching and developing in a dynamic environment
Here's why you'll love working at Genies:
- You'll work with a team that you’ll be able to learn from and grow with, including support for your own professional development
- You'll be at the helm of your own career, shaping it with your own innovative contributions to a nascent team and product with flexible hours and a work from home policy
- You'll enjoy the culture and perks of a startup, with the stability of being well funded
- Comprehensive health insurance for you and your family (Anthem + Kaiser Options Available), Dental and Vision Insurance
- Competitive salaries for all full time employees
- Unlimited paid time off, sick time, and paid company holidays, in addition to paid parental leave, bereavement leave, and jury duty leave for full-time employees
- Health & wellness support through programs such as monthly wellness reimbursement
- Working in a brand new, bright, open-environment and fun office space - there’s even a slide!
- Choice of MacBook or windows laptop
Genies is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.
Your application has been successfully submitted.