Genies is culture’s leading avatar technology company empowering humans to create their own avatar ecosystems. Genies provides tools (Genies Avatar Creator OS) that allows users to create their own avatars, avatar wearable fashion lines, avatar worlds, and avatar interactive experiences in web3. The company has 99% celebrity avatar market share through its partnerships with Universal Music Group and Warner Music Group as their “official avatar and digital goods NFT provider” with thousands of Genie creators including Justin Bieber, Migos, Cardi B, and J Balvin. Bringing the power of NFTs and crypto to culture, Genies’ avatar ecosystem NFT marketplace “The Warehouse” built with Dapper Labs, allows talent, IP, and creators to design and sell their avatar ecosystem creations (i.e. avatar fashion lines) to the masses. Genies has raised $200M from investors such as Silver Lake, BOND, NEA, and Breyer Capital.
Genies is looking for an energetic and experienced Technical Recruiter with in-house experience, to help drive the growth of our engineering organization and our product suite. In this role, you would report to the VP of Talent and help to define the way we recruit for technical talent as we move into the next evolution of Genies. This role will be heavily focused on scaling the team by using world class strategies to source, attract, recruit and close great technical talent through a variety of channels. You will be asked to partner with key leaders and stakeholders, and provide subject matter expertise to the overall hiring process. This is your opportunity to join early and build something remarkable, while also playing a critical role in a company during a hyper-growth phase.
What You'll be Doing:
- Help drive the strategy and execution of Genies overall hiring initiatives
- Source, attract, screen and close candidates across geographies with a wide variety of skill sets
- Provide a stellar experience as you educate, inform, schedule and communicate with candidates throughout the process
- Build meaningful relationships and collaborate with hiring managers and the executive team to identify hiring needs and goals
- Recommend practices to enhance interview training, diversity and inclusion, and onboarding
- Effectively communicate Genie’s vision to help candidates understand the impact their roles will have
- Be our brand and culture ambassador. You will bring purpose and advocacy to the Genies
What You Should Have:
- 2 to 4 years of in-house technical recruiting experience
- Proven track record recruiting at a high-growth startup at scale
- Experience in problem-solving across all stages of the hiring cycle
- Self starter, who can independently manage candidates and internal stakeholders
- Talent magnet with a broad network and experience managing a full-cycle recruiting process (lead generation, managing internal/external processes, offer negotiation, closing, and onboarding)
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment where collaboration and communication are critical
- You have an unrelenting passion for the candidate experience and seek to create a process where each candidate has a unique and positive impression of Genies
- Experience recruiting for technical roles. You have the ability to understand and communicate the technical elements and requirements of the business. You understand the nuances of our tech stack and possess a strong ability to assess the technical skills of candidates
- Systems thinker with experience implementing technology tools to enhance the hiring process
- Independent problem-solver comfortable with ambiguity and can adapt to rapidly changing priorities
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience independently partnering with cross-functional partners and recruiters
Here's why you'll love working at Genies:
- You'll work with a team that you’ll be able to learn from and grow with, including support for your own professional development
- You'll be at the helm of your own career, shaping it with your own innovative contributions to a nascent team and product with flexible hours and a work from home policy
- You'll enjoy the culture and perks of a startup, with the stability of being well funded
- Comprehensive health insurance for you and your family (Anthem + Kaiser Options Available), Dental and Vision Insurance
- Competitive salaries for all full time employees
- Unlimited paid time off, sick time, and paid company holidays, in addition to paid parental leave, bereavement leave, and jury duty leave for full-time employees
- Health & wellness support through programs such as monthly wellness reimbursement
- Working in a brand new, bright, open-environment and fun office space - there’s even a slide!
- Choice of MacBook or windows laptop
Genies is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.
Your application has been successfully submitted.