Data Governance Analyst
About the role:
We are looking for a Data Governance Analyst to drive the service delivery and systems for data governance at Dapper. Dapper enables real people to experience the magic of blockchain. It is the first to offer truly unique scaled collectible NFTs to the sports fan community.
The ideal candidate is compelled by the applications and opportunities of crypto and blockchain technologies and enthusiastic about bringing the benefits of decentralization to a broad consumer audience. The key responsibilities consist of working with the Data team to spearhead data governance spanning master data, data quality and process improvement initiatives to help implement controls. This role is for people who thrive in a fast-paced collaborative environment, enjoy ideating, bringing new products to market, pushing the boundaries, not being scared to take a risk, and love working with the best technology team in the world. This role will report to the Head of Data.
What we’ll accomplish together:
- Responsible for the management and proficiency of master data across our organization and participates in the design, implementation, and maintenance of our data governance program to ensure data integrity and standardization
- Identify opportunities and processes to ensure data meets the standards, including not limited to accuracy, validity, reliability, timeliness, relevance, and completeness
- Develop a strong understanding of Dapper business processes, workflows, and data structures. Partner with data and technical leads to create a data dictionary and business glossary for critical data elements
- Develop and implement remediation plans: monitor and track data quality issues, identify and close gaps in collaboration with business and IT groups
- Drive discussions with business and technical stakeholders as a subject matter expert on our policies and standards for end-to-end data governance and process management
- Cultivate a practice of data governance by developing partnerships with data team to promote continuous improvement of metadata management, processes, and outcomes to ensure data integrity
- Perform periodic assessments to measure data governance progress, success and maturity
- Design and create dashboards, both for Data Governance (e.g., Data Quality), as well as for specific business needs (e.g., part of the data projects)
- Define and document policies, procedures and operational standards
A little about you:
- Proven track record in a data-driven function and roles such as a data governance analyst, reporting analyst, business systems analyst, or similar role diligently applying principles and practices for data governance.
- Demonstrated experience in the use of tools, methodologies and problem-solving approaches in the area of data governance best practices.
- Possess strong knowledge of business process, information management, and data quality standards & processes
- Strong sense of ownership over deliverables, as this role will have end-to-end responsibilities for data products
- Ability to think strategically, learn quickly, prioritize effectively and succeed in fast-paced and uncertain environments while acting autonomously.
- Outstanding time management skills and attention to detail focusing on accuracy and quality of work
- Highly comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and committed to meeting deadlines and creating and improving processes
- Strong knowledge and understanding of key concepts around master data management, governance and quality strongly preferred
- Experience with Data Governance Tools such as Alation, Collibra, Data Catalog, etc.
- High familiarity with data platforms and applications such as GCP, Hadoop, Tableau, Looker, Snowflake, Redshift, Airflow
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Engineering, Data Analytics or similar
More about Dapper Labs:
Dapper Labs is the world's first blockchain entertainment company. We are the creators of industry-leading experiences including CryptoKitties and NBA Top Shot, as well as Dapper Wallet – the simplest way to manage your assets and use the blockchain. We are also the original developers behind Flow, a new decentralized blockchain designed from the ground up for scalability and ease of use.
Our mission at Dapper Labs is to make the world a more accessible and enjoyable place through consumer adoption of decentralized technologies.
We have raised over $600M from leading and notable investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Coatue, Union Square Ventures, Venrock, Google Ventures (GV), Samsung, and the founders of Dreamworks, Reddit, Coinbase, Zynga, and AngelList, among others. Dapper Labs’ current studio partners include the NBA and NBPA, the NFL-PA, Ubisoft, Warner Music, Turner, Dr. Seuss, Genies, and the UFC, as well as 100+ others.
Visit our website to learn even more about Dapper Labs, including information about benefits and perks.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The NFT Company