Junior Character Technical Director
Genies is culture’s leading avatar technology company empowering humans to create their own avatar ecosystems. Genies provides tools (Genies Avatar Creator OS) that allows users to create their own avatars, avatar wearable fashion lines, avatar worlds, and avatar interactive experiences in web3. The company has 99% celebrity market share through its partnerships with Universal Music Group and Warner Music Group as their “official avatar and digital goods NFT provider” with thousands of Genie creators including Justin Bieber, Migos, Cardi B, and J Balvin. Bringing the power of NFTs and crypto to culture, Genies’ avatar ecosystem NFT marketplace “The Warehouse” built with Dapper Labs, allows talent, IP, and creators to design and sell their avatar ecosystem creations (i.e. avatar fashion lines) to the masses. Genies has raised $100M till date from investors such as Mary Meeker’s Bond, NEA, Breyer Capital, and more.
Genies is looking for a highly motivated Junior Character TD with interest in highly configurable digital avatars. In this role, the Junior Character TD will play a key role in helping to populate our Genies Wardrobe by creating rigs, using our existing pipeline and contributing to its growth. Reporting to the Head of Avatars, you will collaborate with a team of artists and engineers that come from diverse backgrounds to deliver a one of a kind consumer experience.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Design, create and maintain game-ready character, wearable and prop rigs using Autodesk Maya
- Provide support to existing character and wearable rigs in production
- Work with the Rigging team to develop and integrate tools in the pipeline, and refine existing techniques and processes
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed
What You Should Have:
- Character/vehicle/props experience in Autodesk Maya in film, broadcast or game environments
- In-depth knowledge of rigging systems in Autodesk Maya
- Thorough understanding of the process of weighting/skinning detailed geometries
- Exposure to real time engines (Unity, Unreal Engine)
- Exposure to Python scripting for Autodesk Maya
- Strong artistic eye, understanding both Figure and Facial anatomy
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to take initiative and work independently
- Solid communication and organization skills
- Able to take feedback from leads and peers
- Willing to take on new challenges, and has an appetite for learning, researching and developing in an ever-growing environment
Here's why you'll love working at Genies:
- You'll work with a team that you’ll be able to learn from and grow with, including support for your own professional development
- You'll be at the helm of your own career, shaping it with your own innovative contributions to a nascent team and product with flexible hours and a work from home policy
- You'll enjoy the culture and perks of a startup, with the stability of being well funded
- Comprehensive health insurance for you and your family (Anthem + Kaiser Options Available), Dental and Vision Insurance
- Competitive salaries and 401K program for all full time employees
- Flexible paid time off, sick time, and paid company holidays, in addition to paid parental leave, bereavement leave, and jury duty leave for full-time employees
- Health & wellness support through programs such as monthly wellness reimbursement
- Working in a brand new, bright, open-environment and fun office space - there’s even a slide!
Genies is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.
Your application has been successfully submitted.