Head of Studio
Genies is culture’s leading avatar technology company empowering humans to create their own avatar ecosystems. Genies provides tools (Genies Avatar Creator OS) that allows users to create their own avatars, avatar wearable fashion lines, avatar worlds, and avatar interactive experiences in web3. The company has 99% celebrity market share through its partnerships with Universal Music Group and Warner Music Group as their “official avatar and digital goods NFT provider” with thousands of Genie creators including Justin Bieber, Migos, Cardi B, and J Balvin. Bringing the power of NFTs and crypto to culture, Genies’ avatar ecosystem NFT marketplace “The Warehouse” built with Dapper Labs, allows talent, IP, and creators to design and sell their avatar ecosystem creations (i.e. avatar fashion lines) to the masses. Genies has raised $100M till date from investors such as Mary Meeker’s Bond, NEA, Breyer Capital, and more.
Genies is looking for a Head of Studio to join our team to oversee, scale, and drive the Genies studio. Reporting to the CEO, this individual will interface between the art, business, and product teams to deliver high quality creative content to help bring Genies vision for avatar ecosystems to life. This key leadership position will inspire the Genies creative process and advance the function to compete with the most well known creative studios around the world.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Lead the day-to-day operations and direction of the Genies Studio, which is comprised of a multi-disciplinary studio team that includes production, concept, modeling, rigging, animation, and lighting
- Set daily priorities and support CPD for the team
- Oversee management of budget for studio, along with financial tracking and controls
- Work cross functionally with key departments and stakeholders to understand project requirements and timelines
- Manage the production team in the creation and implementation of deadlines, project goals, expectations and workflows, to ensure a smooth production process with on-time delivery
- Direct the curation of image libraries and video, art work and branding assets, to ensure files are stored and named according to protocols
- Advance current systems and processes so that the studio and the wider company are aware of how the studio operates
- Identify team needs and actively recruit high quality talent
- Maintain and advance a culture that fosters personal and professional development of the studio team
What You Should Have:
- Proven track record of managing a high performing creative team and process
- Work with a wide range of different areas within the 3D art pipeline, especially production
- Strong knowledge and subject matter expertise of the 3D art pipeline
- Partner with cross functional stakeholders to ensure product alignment and creative process
- Experience working with and monitoring budgets
- Scaling a team and operation
- Out of the box thinking to achieve required outcomes
- A high standard of attention to detail and ‘follow-through’
Here's why you'll love working at Genies:
- You'll work with a team that you’ll be able to learn from and grow with, including support for your own professional development
- You'll be at the helm of your own career, shaping it with your own innovative contributions to a nascent team and product with flexible hours and a work from home policy
- You'll enjoy the culture and perks of a startup, with the stability of being well funded
- Comprehensive health insurance for you and your family (Anthem + Kaiser Options Available), Dental and Vision Insurance
- Competitive salaries and 401K program for all full time employees
- Flexible paid time off, sick time, and paid company holidays, in addition to paid parental leave, bereavement leave, and jury duty leave for full-time employees
- Health & wellness support through programs such as monthly wellness reimbursement
- Working in a brand new, bright, open-environment and fun office space - there’s even a slide!
- Choice of MacBook or windows laptop
Genies is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.
Your application has been successfully submitted.