Genies is culture’s leading avatar technology company empowering humans to create their own avatar ecosystems. Genies provides tools (Genies Avatar Creator OS) that allows users to create their own avatars, avatar wearable fashion lines, avatar worlds, and avatar interactive experiences in web3. The company has 99% celebrity market share through its partnerships with Universal Music Group and Warner Music Group as their “official avatar and digital goods NFT provider” with thousands of Genie creators including Justin Bieber, Migos, Cardi B, and J Balvin. Bringing the power of NFTs and crypto to culture, Genies’ avatar ecosystem NFT marketplace “The Warehouse” built with Dapper Labs, allows talent, IP, and creators to design and sell their avatar ecosystem creations (i.e. avatar fashion lines) to the masses. Genies has raised $100M till date from investors such as Mary Meeker’s Bond, NEA, Breyer Capital, and more.
Genies is looking for a Character Artist to join our team. Reporting to the Lead Avatar Artist, the future Character Artist has a proven track record for creating high-quality and appealing characters using industry standard tools. We are looking for someone who is driven and can collaborate well with the team to help maintain consistency, overall aesthetic and appeal of our characters as well as help maintain our overall production goals.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Create (sculpt, model, UV mapping, textures, and setup materials) stylized characters, creatures, clothing and props.
- Proficiency in modeling fairly complex geometry that matches concept art
- Ability to create low-poly assets that fit within polycount guides
- Proficiency in laying out UVs
- Proficiency in texturing using PBR workflows (substance painter preferred)
- Meeting other technical requirements, such as fitting the model within our 3D guides.
- Ability to meet modeling deadlines
- Solid communication via Slack and willingness to collaborate with other modelers in order to ensure consistency across the models.
What You Should Have:
- 2+ years of experience creating character art.
- Ability to create very appealing characters that are full of life and personality in the models as well as textures.
- Receptive of feedback and welcoming towards direction, constructive critique, and new ideas.
- Flexible and able to adapt to new art styles, tools, and processes.
- Expert knowledge of anatomy and a strong artistic sense.
- Knowledge and proficiency of industry standard tools (Maya, Zbrush, Substance Painter, and Marmoset Toolbag).
- Experience with UE or Unity is a plus.
Here's why you'll love working at Genies:
- You'll work with a team that you’ll be able to learn from and grow with, including support for your own professional development
- You'll be at the helm of your own career, shaping it with your own innovative contributions to a nascent team and product with flexible hours and a work from home policy
- You'll enjoy the culture and perks of a startup, with the stability of being well funded
- Comprehensive health insurance for you and your family (Anthem + Kaiser Options Available), Dental and Vision Insurance
- Competitive salaries and 401K program for all full time employees
- Flexible paid time off, sick time, and paid company holidays, in addition to paid parental leave, bereavement leave, and jury duty leave for full-time employees
- Health & wellness support through programs such as monthly wellness reimbursement
- Working in a brand new, bright, open-environment and fun office space - there’s even a slide!
- Choice of MacBook or windows laptop
Genies is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.
Your application has been successfully submitted.