Senior Avatar Artist
Genies is culture’s leading avatar technology company empowering humans to create their own avatar ecosystems. Genies provides tools (Genies Avatar Creator OS) that allows users to create their own avatars, avatar wearable fashion lines, avatar worlds, and avatar interactive experiences in web3. The company has 99% celebrity market share through its partnerships with Universal Music Group and Warner Music Group as their “official avatar and digital goods NFT provider” with thousands of Genie creators including Justin Bieber, Migos, Cardi B, and J Balvin. Bringing the power of NFTs and crypto to culture, Genies’ avatar ecosystem NFT marketplace “The Warehouse” built with Dapper Labs, allows talent, IP, and creators to design and sell their avatar ecosystem creations (i.e. avatar fashion lines) to the masses. Genies has raised $100M till date from investors such as Mary Meeker’s Bond, NEA, Breyer Capital, and more.
Genies is looking for a Senior Character Artist to join our team to provide high-quality and appealing characters using industry standard tools. We are looking for someone who is driven and can collaborate well with the team to push the overall aesthetic and appeal of our characters as well as help maintain our overall production goals. Minimum 5 years experience as Senior Character artist. Help us craft unique and visually appealing designs!
What You’ll be Doing:
- Create (sculpt, model,UV mapping, textures, and setup materials) stylized characters, creatures, clothing and props
- Support Lead Character Artist on establishing best practices on characters/assets visual quality, and workflow efficiency
- Consistently take on the most difficult and complex tasks while striving to maintain or exceed the highest quality standards for all projects
- Assist in mentoring other artists in both artistic and technical techniques
- Strong communication skills with the ability to effectively coordinate with the Concept Artist, Creative Lead, Art Leads, and Production, as well as outsourcing partners
- Experience working with PBR pipeline
- Excellent high and low poly modeling skills
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of form, shape language, shading, lighting, color, and composition
What You Should Have:
- 5+ years of experience creating character art
- Ability to create very appealing characters that are full of life and personality in the models as well as textures
- Receptive and welcoming towards direction, constructive critique, and new ideas
- Flexible and able to adapt to new art styles, tools, and processes
- Expert knowledge of anatomy and a strong artistic sense
- Ability to provide mentorship and feedback to artists where applicable
- High-level knowledge and proficiency of industry standard tools (Maya, Zbrush, Substance Painter, and Marmoset Toolbag). Experience with UE or Unity is a plus
Here's why you'll love working at Genies:
- You'll work with a team that you’ll be able to learn from and grow with, including support for your own professional development
- You'll be at the helm of your own career, shaping it with your own innovative contributions to a nascent team and product with flexible hours and a work from home policy
- You'll enjoy the culture and perks of a startup, with the stability of being well funded
- Comprehensive health insurance for you and your family (Anthem + Kaiser Options Available), Dental and Vision Insurance
- Competitive salaries and 401K program for all full time employees
- Flexible paid time off, sick time, and paid company holidays, in addition to paid parental leave, bereavement leave, and jury duty leave for full-time employees
- Health & wellness support through programs such as monthly wellness reimbursement
- Working in a brand new, bright, open-environment and fun office space - there’s even a slide!
- Choice of MacBook or windows laptop
Genies is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.
Your application has been successfully submitted.