Product Manager - Marketplace
Genies is culture’s leading avatar technology company empowering humans to create their own avatar ecosystems. Genies provides tools (Genies Avatar Creator OS) that allows users to create their own avatars, avatar wearable fashion lines, avatar worlds, and avatar interactive experiences in web3. The company has 99% celebrity market share through its partnerships with Universal Music Group and Warner Music Group as their “official avatar and digital goods NFT provider” with thousands of Genie creators including Justin Bieber, Migos, Cardi B, and J Balvin. Bringing the power of NFTs and crypto to culture, Genies’ avatar ecosystem NFT marketplace “The Warehouse” built with Dapper Labs, allows talent, IP, and creators to design and sell their avatar ecosystem creations (i.e. avatar fashion lines) to the masses. Genies has raised $100M till date from investors such as Mary Meeker’s Bond, NEA, Breyer Capital, and more.
Genies is looking for an experienced Product Manager to join our growing team and drive the execution and development of our marketplace known as the “Warehouse”. In this role, the Product Manager will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from brainstorming the next product feature to working directly with our Founder & CEO to ensure the team is executing the product roadmap and vision. You will partner with designers and engineers to implement product features, and work to enhance the relationship between product, engineering, and design. You will use a start-up mindset and your full range of product development skills to produce engaging simple features, and a one of a kind user experience.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Lead the execution and delivery of our marketplace products. Drive product development from small features to new product ideation.
- Work closely with engineering, design and business to build, launch and scale features that align to Genies product vision, roadmap, and goals
- Develop a deep understanding of our consumers through partnership with our user research and data science teams by leveraging data, insights, and analytics to understand users needs
- Maximize efficiency and minimize risks in a fast evolving domain
What You Should Have:
- 4+ years of product management experience or related industry experience
- Minimum 2+ years of experience developing user generated content products or ecommerce platforms
- Ability to build trust with executive stakeholders and cross functional partners including engineering, business, legal, UX, community and other teams.
- Enthusiasm for Genies, Avatar ecosystems, NFTs, Blockchain, and the future of Web3. Have a deep understanding of markets, competition, and user requirements in these domains.
- Experience of going through a full product lifecycle, integrating customer feedback into product requirements, adopting data-driven approaches, driving prioritization and pre/post-launch execution.
- An entrepreneurial mindset with willingness to embrace a dynamic environment
Here's why you'll love working at Genies:
- You'll work with a team that you’ll be able to learn from and grow with, including support for your own professional development
- You'll be at the helm of your own career, shaping it with your own innovative contributions to a nascent team and product with flexible hours and a work from home policy
- You'll enjoy the culture and perks of a startup, with the stability of being well funded
- Comprehensive health insurance for you and your family (Anthem + Kaiser Options Available), Dental and Vision Insurance
- Competitive salaries and 401K program for all full time employees
- Flexible paid time off, sick time, and paid company holidays, in addition to paid parental leave, bereavement leave, and jury duty leave for full-time employees
- Health & wellness support through programs such as monthly wellness reimbursement
- Working in a brand new, bright, open-environment and fun office space - there’s even a slide!
- Choice of MacBook or windows laptop
Genies is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.
Your application has been successfully submitted.