Data Scientist, Growth & Monetization
Genies is the world’s largest avatar technology company, bringing the power of NFTs and crypto to culture through its mission to own the “virtual identity layer.” The company has set the foundation for swift, widespread adaptation of avatars as virtual beings in society through its consumer-first future vision coined “Decentralized Disney of the metaverse.” Genies provides consumers and celebrities with the tools to create high-quality avatars, enabling anyone to own their digital identity and express themselves across metaverses. The technology features an avatar wearables/skins marketplace built with Dapper Labs, API integrations, and a consumer app. Investors include Bond, NEA, Breyer Capital, CAA, and Tull Investment Group. The company has 99% celebrity avatar market share through its partnerships with Universal Music Group, Warner Music Group, and individually with thousands of celebrities like Justin Bieber, Shawn Mendes, Migos, Cardi B, and J Balvin.
Genies is seeking a highly driven Data Scientist, Growth and Monetization to support our growing product and business teams. You will work cross-functionally with various stakeholders to build scalable data models, empower teams with data, and generate data-driven insights so the company can make informed decisions to improve growth, engagement, and retention of Genies users and customers. If you’re passionate about the future of web3, Avatars and the NFT space then we would love to meet you!
What You'll Be Doing:
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets to develop a thorough understanding of Genies’ products, users, and acquisition channels
- Run exploratory analysis uncover new areas of opportunity, generate hypotheses, and quickly assess the potential upside of a given opportunity
- Help execute projects to drive insights that lead to customer, seller, and catalog growth.
- Work closely with marketing, design, product, support, and engineering to anticipate analytics needs and to quantify the impact of existing features, future product changes, and marketing campaigns
- Work with engineering to develop and implement new analytical tools and improve our underlying data infrastructure
- Analyze, forecast, and build custom reports to make key performance indicators and insights available to the entire company
- Monitor, optimize, and report on marketing and growth metrics and split-test results. Make recommendations based on analytics and test findings
- Drive optimization and data minded culture inside the company
- Develop frameworks, models, tools, and processes to ensure that analytical insights can be incorporated into all key decision making
- Effectively present and communicate analysis to the company to drive business decisions
What You Should Have:
- Bachelors/Masters Degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g. Statistics, Operations Research, Economics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics) with 4+ years (or PhD with 2+ years) of experience working within an analytical role
- Expert knowledge of SQL, Python, R
- Excellent analytical skills and problem-solving ability; the ability to answer unstructured business questions and work independently to drive projects to conclusion
- Must be self-directed, organized and detail oriented as well as have the ability to multitask and work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Active team player, excellent communication skills, positive attitude and good work ethic
- Experience with e-commerce platforms and a deep understanding of the NFT ecosystem is preferred
- Experience with building UGC (User Generated Content) products is preferred
Here's why you'll love working at Genies:
- You'll work with a team that you’ll be able to learn from and grow with, including support for your own professional development
- You'll be at the helm of your own career, shaping it with your own innovative contributions to a nascent team and product with flexible hours and a work from home policy
- You'll enjoy the culture and perks of a startup, with the stability of being well funded
- Comprehensive health insurance for you and your family (Anthem + Kaiser Options Available), Dental and Vision Insurance
- Competitive salaries and 401K program for all full time employees
- Flexible paid time off, sick time, and paid company holidays, in addition to paid parental leave, bereavement leave, and jury duty leave for full-time employees
- Health & wellness support through programs such as monthly wellness reimbursement
- Working in a brand new, bright, open-environment and fun office space - there’s even a slide!
- Choice of MacBook or windows laptop
Genies is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.
Your application has been successfully submitted.