Technical Program Manager, Cadence (Flow)
We're looking for a technology-savvy Program Manager to execute our plan to build and evolve Cadence, the secure, clear, and approachable programming language that our community of developers use to build their smart contract-based applications on Flow.
The ideal candidate has a knack for details, a genuine curiosity in decentralized application development, the ability to analyze and distill complex problems down to the essentials, and a laser-focus on steering teams to achieve their mission while also seeking out and capitalizing on opportunities for continuous improvement.
A little about us:
Flow is the blockchain for builders. Created by Dapper Labs, the team behind CryptoKitties, Flow blockchain is designed for a new generation of consumer apps, games, and the digital assets that power them. Flow helps developers build the kinds of applications people want to use, with a focus on consumer-friendly onboarding and the ability to handle mainstream scale.
The Flow team is a humble and curious bunch of builders and scientists who share a passion for blockchain technology and the new kinds of software it enables. Our people are our greatest strength: our diverse team flourishes in an environment where personal autonomy and professional growth are encouraged. We value our culture above else; regardless of where you came from or what you studied, your role here will necessitate both a high level of creativity and strategic thinking on complex issues.
What we’ll accomplish together:
- Using agile planning techniques, identify delivery timeframes for critical capabilities on the Cadence roadmap.
- Drive team-level agile ceremonies and make sure that team boards are up-to-date.
- Use capacity planning to help your team forecast delivery timeframes for the next month, quarter and beyond, adjust and course-correct when company priorities change, and balance work effort between development of new capabilities and ongoing engineering operations.
- Keep your teams focused relentlessly on the mission at hand by clearing blockers as they arise, and help the team identify and track potential hazards that lay ahead so that everyone can steer clear.
- Author and communicate concise updates on team accomplishments, progress, and the challenges your teams face, so that other teams can react, and the company can make informed decisions.
- Support the initiation, scoping, kickoff, and execution of projects impacting your team or teams; help create overall timelines by connecting the dots across your teams and other teams internal and external.
A little about you:
- 3-5 years experience as a project manager in software development and managing agile teams.
- Strong written and verbal communication to distill complex discussions into clear, concise issues, risks, and action plans.
- Ability to collaborate with product and engineering counterparts to ensure teams have a well-defined mission and a properly groomed backlog of work.
- Ability to establish and maintain a strong network within the company in order to route and triage issues and risks as they arise.
- Ability to apply your project management skills across a variety of use cases; inflexible specialists need not apply.
- Previous experience with hands-on software development, particularly in the open source domain, is preferred.
More about Dapper Labs:
Dapper Labs is the world's first blockchain entertainment company. We are the creators of industry-leading experiences including CryptoKitties and NBA Top Shot, as well as Dapper Wallet – the simplest way to manage your assets and use the blockchain. We are also the original developers behind Flow, a new decentralized blockchain designed from the ground up for scalability and ease of use.
Our mission at Dapper Labs is to make the world a more accessible and enjoyable place through consumer adoption of decentralized technologies.
We have raised over $600M from leading and notable investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Coatue, Union Square Ventures, Venrock, Google Ventures (GV), Samsung, and the founders of Dreamworks, Reddit, Coinbase, Zynga, and AngelList, among others. Dapper Labs’ current studio partners include the NBA and NBPA, the NFL-PA, Ubisoft, Warner Music, Turner, Dr. Seuss, Genies, and the UFC, as well as 100+ others.
Visit our website to learn even more about Dapper Labs, including information about benefits and perks.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Flow is a new blockchain built for the next generation of apps, games, and the digital assets that power them.