Senior Unity Developer
Who we are
At Joyride we've spent decades building games on the edges of what's possible at companies like Disney, Popcap, and Electronic Arts. Our team has built some of the biggest games on Facebook, iOS, and Android, entertaining over 300 million users. These titles all earned enthusiastic and long-lived player communities that led to their commercial success.
These experiences have taught us how hard it is to build a successful game with a vibrant and sustainable community. With Joyride, our goal is to put market-leading infrastructure for web3 games into the hands of every game creator. Join us on this exciting journey as we build the next generation of community-owned games together!
Joyride is backed by key gaming and blockchain investors such as Coinbase Ventures, Animoca Brands, Solana Ventures, Dapper Labs, Bitkraft Ventures, SuperLayer, Modern Times Group, Mirana Ventures. Check out more info about our recent funding on Coindesk and more about the company here. Joyride’s Genesis Tennis Champs NFT drop sold out in 30 seconds on OpenSea.
What we’re looking for
The Senior Unity Developer’s primary responsibility is to use the Unity 3D game engine to implement game functionality, translating design ideas, concepts, and requirements into a functional and engaging game. A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and a quality product are essential. In close collaboration with designers, artists, and other engineers, you'll be integral to the overall feel of the player experience.
Your key responsibilities
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, performant, reusable, and stable code while implementing game functionality as per communicated game design, and experience goals. As a game developer, you should show competency in taking a project from start to finish including developing UI, Game Mechanics, Application Flow, Camera Control, Custom Dev/QA tools and Physics
- Advise and mentor teammates while continuing to learn, grow, and move up our Career Map, regularly finding ways to add value to our team and business
- Collaborate with other team members to establish effective workflow, direction and team alignment
- Help issue diagnosis, and address issues of existing applications (of your design or others)
Knowledge and Experience
- Extensive Unity Mobile Development
- UI, Animation, and MVC
- REST API implementation
- 2D and 3D
- Multiplayer experience, in particular, MLAPI is a plus.
The minimum qualifications
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
- 6+ Software development experience required
- 4+ years in Unity game engine experience required
- 4+ years Multi-disciplined team environment required
- A passion for building people and teams through empathy and mentorship – potentially including recruitment, goal setting, and coaching for growth and performance.
- Strong ability to work collaboratively across multiple teams (including matrixed team members and responsibility for the efforts of others), attention to detail, and organizational skills.
- Passionate about creating games that guests of multiple backgrounds and experience levels can enjoy.
- Communication expert with the ability to convey technical information, both verbal and written, to a wide range of audiences
- Deep functional expertise, including multiple methodologies and tools, and ongoing awareness of evolution within the industry that breeds innovation across the team
- Game Design – expertise in game design and user experience concepts. Prior experience with a well-known mobile title or AAA titles is a significant asset
Your application has been successfully submitted.