Head of Community
Who we are
At Joyride we've spent decades building games on the edges of what's possible at companies like Disney, Popcap, and Electronic Arts. Our team has built some of the biggest games on Facebook, iOS, and Android, entertaining over 300 million users. These titles all earned enthusiastic and long-lived player communities that led to their commercial success.
These experiences have taught us how hard it is to build a successful game with a vibrant and sustainable community. With Joyride, our goal is to put market-leading infrastructure for web3 games into the hands of every game creator. Join us on this exciting journey as we build the next generation of community-owned games together!
Joyride is backed by key gaming and blockchain investors such as Coinbase Ventures, Animoca Brands, Solana Ventures, Dapper Labs, Bitkraft Ventures, SuperLayer, Modern Times Group, Mirana Ventures. Check out more info about our recent funding on Coindesk and more about the company here. Joyride’s Genesis Tennis Champs NFT drop sold out in 30 seconds on OpenSea.
What we’re looking for
We are looking for an energetic and creative community manager who can proactively engage and manage the community of players and developers. We are a hard working, creative and fun group of gaming and blockchain enthusiasts trying to change the gaming industry forever. If you inspire big, work hard, love games and are crazy about blockchain, we are looking for you.
Your key responsibilities
- Take ownership over all methods of community outreach (e.g. Discord, Twitter, instagram, Telegram).
- Cultivate, moderate and manage social media and developer communities via channels such as Discord, Telegram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube, Facebook, Telegram, Reddit, and more
- Organize and manage community-building activities, engage in mentions on all social media channels
- Manage email, blog and website content to drive engagement
- Share actionable insights from customer feedback internally to improve our products and service
- Be the brand’s voice for all communications on social media
- Forward timely product, governance announcements and news
- Find entertaining and creatives ways to reward the most active member of our community
- Develop community guidelines and moderation strategy to ensure community channels remain fun and respectful
- Working with external partners and agencies on content production and promotion.
The minimum qualifications
- Excellent communication and writing skills (English required, other languages a plus)
- A deep understanding of crypto consumers and what motivates them online, having games background a plus
- 2+ years in a blockchain/crypto community management role, with a track record of growing crypto communities.
- 5+ years experience managing social media channels including developing content and managing a content strategy
- Active social media user on Twitter, Discord, Telegram, TikTok, Reddit and other social media and community channels
- Genuine interest in gaming, blockchain and web3 technologies, or prior experience in decentralized governance solutions.
- Experience developing creative content strategies and methods of engagement
- Experience working on marketing efforts around an NFT project launch highly preferred
- Ability to multi-task and perform under pressure
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Organized, detail-oriented, resourceful and a self-starter
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, remote and global team
- A passion for crypto, a foundational understanding of crypto technology, and the state of the crypto ecosystem
- Experience writing email newsletters, blog posts, tweets, web copy, etc
Your application has been successfully submitted.