Senior Game Designer
Who we are
At Joyride we've spent decades building games on the edges of what's possible at companies like Disney, Popcap, and Electronic Arts. Our team has built some of the biggest games on Facebook, iOS, and Android, entertaining over 300 million users. These titles all earned enthusiastic and long-lived player communities that led to their commercial success.
These experiences have taught us how hard it is to build a successful game with a vibrant and sustainable community. With Joyride, our goal is to put market-leading infrastructure for web3 games into the hands of every game creator. Join us on this exciting journey as we build the next generation of community-owned games together!
Joyride is backed by key gaming and blockchain investors such as Coinbase Ventures, Animoca Brands, Solana Ventures, Dapper Labs, Bitkraft Ventures, SuperLayer, Modern Times Group, Mirana Ventures. Check out more info about our recent funding on Coindesk and more about the company here. Joyride’s Genesis Tennis Champs NFT drop sold out in 30 seconds on OpenSea.
What we’re looking for:
We are looking for an experienced Senior Game Designer to work on a diverse number of competitive PVP games that will be featured on our web3 platform. You will work on both core games, iterating on designs to craft player moment to moment experiences that are juicy, compelling, and rewarding, as well as meta mechanics, progression systems, and live events.
We expect you to be self-motivated, goal-oriented, and willing to wear multiple hats. Our teams are small and agile. You'll have an opportunity to have a tremendous impact that touches on every aspect of the player's experience surrounding games.
Your key responsibilities:
- Design, tweak, and optimize player's experience through fast prototyping.
- Author GDD for new mini PVP games.
- Contribute to meta game platform features.
- Contribute to crafting meaningful live-ops, events, and tournaments.
- Mentor junior Game Designers
- Deep understanding of core gameplay design and game mechanics.
- Deep understanding of player motivations, reward systems, and game balancing as it relates to both moment-to-moment gameplay and meta systems.
- Hunger for making and playing games, and crafting delicious and surprising experiences.
- 6+ years of experience in Game Design, 4+ years in Mobile Game Design
- Programming skills are a plus and not mandatory.
Your application has been successfully submitted.