B-Side Games is looking for a skilled and motivated Technical Artist as freelancer or contractor, to create complex art systems, effects, and shaders for our projects.
The Technical Artist role is meant to bridge the gap between art and programming, integrating art content and features while honoring the artistic vision and technical constraints.
Skills & Requirements
- Work with artists to create best practices and optimal workflows.
- Communicate and work closely with programmers to develop new engine features.
- Analyze memory/performance concerns throughout a project's development
- Create efficient and user friendly Materials for use in game.
- Streamline Workflow by proactively finding solutions and by working with production.
- Research and Develop prototypes for art pipelines and help bring your coworkers’ ideas to life.
- Working knowledge of a 3D modeling application, the Substance Suite, and Photoshop.
- Working knowledge of the Unity3D Engine.
- Able to collaborate and work well with teams from various disciplines.
- Create shippable quality content that is memory efficient and performant.
- Problem-Solve and provide a clear solution to complicated issues.
- Ability to think out-of-the-box to overcome technical challenges.
- Ability to self-direct and be autonomous when it is required.
- 3+ Years of industry experience.
- Working knowledge of 3Ds Max
- Knowledge and experience in one or more of the following artistic disciplines: Environment/Level Art, Visual Effects, Surface Art, Lighting
- Experience with current generation PC and mobile platforms
- Strong balance of creative/visual aesthetics and technical skills.
How to Apply
Send us an e-mail with your CV, availability, rates and a link to examples of your recent work to email@example.com
Applicants who cannot provide a portfolio, website, or reel will not be considered.
About the company
B-Side Games is a German game studio currently focussing on their massive multiplayer monster-tamer RPG Chainmonsters, connecting a highly stylized art style with state of the art blockchain technology. After a successful Kickstarter campaign and a major crowdfunding round in 2021 we are now expanding our team, looking for new talents to join our exciting journey in the world of Chainmonsters.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Publisher and Developer B-Side Games