Location: Boston-based HQ, job fully remote
Jambb is breathing new life into the entertainment industry by seamlessly integrating next-gen blockchain technology into the lives of creators and their audiences. Our fan-focused platform features collectible moments, jokes, sets, specials, and memorabilia from household names and emerging talent. Engaged users will have the opportunity to interact directly with their comedy-crush or the rising superstar they've been collecting before the rest of the world catches on!
Excited by the prospect of solving big problems in the entertainment industry for passion-driven creators and comedians with some of the most cutting-edge technology in development today? Let’s talk!
Jambb is looking for a Blockchain Engineer looking to break into Web3 and join our team. This is a rare role that will provide you the time and support needed to level up into becoming a go-to blockchain/smart contract developer — starting with Cadence (Flow) and then later Solidity (Ethereum) or Rust (Polkadot, Solana).
In your first three months on the job, we’ll help you learn Cadence and partner with you to grow into writing your own smart contracts while also collaborating on platform user stories.
Ideal candidates will have a learning mindset, feel comfortable exploring, learning, and navigating Blockchain and Web3 ecosystems, will be versed in SDLC methodologies, gathering product requirements and working with Product Leads to decompose and define levels of effort.
To be successful in this role, you will be a detail-oriented backend engineer with a strong desire to expand your programming language knowledge by adding Cadence to your skillset to support our ongoing expansion on the Flow blockchain and deepening your knowledge of Solidity (Ethereum) or Rust (Polkadot, Solana).
Role & Responsibilities
- Collaborate closely with the engineering team to build smart contracts within the FLOW ecosystem in support of Jambb’s initiatives
- Maintain and drive current knowledge of blockchain ecosystem, modern architectural standards, database / data platforms, user experience across functional teams
- Contribute and enforce best practices throughout the development pipeline
- Participate in Agile ceremonies and support the engineering team in planning and delivery of user stories and tasks
- Partner with our Senior Blockchain Solutions Architect and work within our Engineering organization, supporting Product and Innovation/Marketing teams to deliver projects that contribute to our company goals and vision
Experience and Qualifications
- At least 4-5 years of progressive experience in software development
- Technical experience of value…
- Technologies & Frameworks: Node, Vue/Angular/React, SQL, GraphQL, AWS
- Contributions to open source projects
- Energized by the challenge and opportunity of working with new languages and programming paradigms
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to influence and lead conversations at all levels of the organization
- Experience in partnering with distributed teams across time zones (US and Europe) preferred
- Comfortable working in an agile scrum environment
Preferred / Bonus Points for:
- Practical blockchain experience, specifically with FLOW blockchain and Cadence
- Web 3.0 trends, constructs, ecosystem
- NFT creation and marketplace platforms
- Advanced knowledge of databases / data platforms, modern software architectures, testing strategies and methodologies, devops / platform and UX design
- Start-up experience
- A passion for comedy!
Jambb offers competitive salary plus equity. We also offer:
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
- Flexible working hours and environment
- Remote-friendly tooling and teammates
- Your choice of computer equipment
- Regular company lunches and events (as soon as local regulations allow!)
- Parent/Caregiver positive, paid time-off approach
Most importantly, you will be part of a team that you’ll enjoy working with that expects your input and contributions from the moment you come on board. Be prepared to work hard and reap the rewards for it - everyone has a seat at the table.
Jambb is an equal opportunity employer. There is no such thing as the “perfect” candidate. We want Jambb to be a place where everyone can grow and contribute. So whatever your background or however you identify, please apply for this position if it would light you up to do this work with us!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
NFT meets LOL