Content Manager (UFC Strike)
At UFC Strike, We’re all about finding the most captivating moments for fight fans to engage with. As a result, we’re looking for a Content Manager to take the lead in this space. This individual, armed with an expert-level knowledge of UFC and combat sports past and present, will manage and grow our fast growing archive of UFC content.
In addition to a demonstrably impressive history of UFC fandom, the ideal candidate for this position has first-hand experience managing robust data sources, with a passion for collecting and organizing large sources of information. This role will report to the Director, Live Operations for UFC Strike.
What we’ll accomplish together:
- Thoroughly monitor and discuss all live UFC content (as well as historical archives) with the goal of identifying candidate plays that would resonate with UFC Strike collectors.
- Work directly with the UFC to specifically source, acquire and optimize video assets to appear on the platform.
- Ingest and categorize numerous raw components required for the compilation of UFC Moments, including fight data, fighter details, media files, etc.
- Organize and systematically maintain our inventory of candidate plays spanning various leagues and seasons, for use in the curation of both pending and future sets.
- Assist with the rendering process, specifically tracking the status of potential Moments that have been submitted for approval and keeping appropriate stakeholders apprised of progress.
A little about you:
- You live and breathe the UFC and combat sports with an expert-level knowledge of them, past and present. You’re comfortable and familiar with the names and faces of all current fighters, with a solid grasp of past personnel.
- You not only appreciate the sport on a personal level but understand modern day fandom, new media and the role that a product like UFC Strike can play in shaping fight fan culture.
- You are comfortable being the point person to oversee and manage large sources of information. You not only thrive at but enjoy organizing data and building systems to simplify processes, whether those are backend databases or simply just elaborate spreadsheets.
- You are capable of multi-tasking and context switching, comfortable working under pressure and with defined deadlines. You will always be supported by a team but do not hesitate with the idea of eventually being the go-to person for certain aspects of our content inventory.
- Ideally have had some experience in copywriting to review our moments to ensure that they have content that is valuable and engaging to our fans.
More about Dapper Labs:
Dapper Labs, the company behind CryptoKitties, NBA Top Shot, NFL ALL DAY, UFC Strike and the Flow blockchain, uses blockchain technology to bring NFTs and new forms of digital engagement to fans around the world paving the way to a more open and inclusive digital world starting with games and entertainment.
Since it was founded in 2018, Dapper Labs has given consumer enthusiasts a real stake in the game by bringing them closer to the brands they love, building engaged and exciting communities for them to contribute to, and producing new pathways for them to become creators themselves. Dapper Labs' current studio partners include the NBA, NBPA, WNBA, WNBPA, LaLiga, NFL, NFLPA, Warner Music Group, Ubisoft, Genies, and UFC. We have raised over $600M from leading and notable investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Coatue, Union Square Ventures, Venrock, Google Ventures (GV), Samsung, and the founders of Dreamworks, Reddit, Coinbase, Zynga, and AngelList, among others.
Dapper Labs is accelerating the move to Web3 by building new apps and platforms that enable great user experiences while being accessible to hundreds of millions of fans of organizations like the NBA and NFL, for example. We’re ready to empower even more to bring mainstream-ready user experiences and scale to web3 applications.
Visit our website to learn even more about Dapper Labs, including information about benefits and perks.
Your application has been successfully submitted.