We're looking for a skilled and dedicated SRE manager to help us scale up our infrastructure team to tackle bigger challenges, grow our service offering to offer more and more robust tools to the product teams, and drive at ambitious SLOs for our world class infrastructure systems.
The ideal candidate is passionate about infrastructure and distributed systems, willing to wade into friendly debates with the engineers about the best way to structure terraform modules. They’ve lead high performing teams, keeping them flush with engaging challenges, while focusing them on business impact, and never quite letting them push themselves to burn out.
What we’ll accomplish together:
- Expand the infrastructure team’s offerings to the product teams, with a focus on value and stability.
- Grow the team by bringing new people into the team, helping them get started and delivering value in a people focused way.
- Mentor and provide growth plans and opportunities for learning to all the members of the team.
- Collaborate with senior leadership to turn “what” into “how”, defining with your team the projects that will keep us on top.
- Manage both long-term strategic objectives and shorter term improvements to support the needs of our products.
- Extract order from chaos, continuously refining and defining the goals of the team to keep everyone informed and on track.
A little about you:
- You have managed high performing teams before, and know what keeps people engaged and excited while never letting them burn out.
- You have worked in all-cloud environments before, and while you may not be the leading technical expert on the team, your opinions are from experience and you can spot a problem coming before most.
- You excel in uncertain and ever-changing environments, sorting out signal from noise and providing direction to those you work with.
- You command excellent interpersonal skills and enjoy working cross disciplinary to get a greater understanding of your problems from all angles, and can guide disagreement to consensus among large groups.
Our ideal candidate:
- Is familiar with a range of infrastructure components and their complexities. Databases, networking layers, firewalls, content delivery networks, storage solutions, proxies, and more.
- Has experience working with Kubernetes on any platform.
- Has worked in growing organizations, can navigate growing pains, and knows what problems to expect at scale.
Bonus points if you have the following:
- Worked specifically in GCP.
- Experience coding in Go.
More about Dapper Labs:
Dapper Labs, the company behind CryptoKitties, NBA Top Shot, NFL ALL DAY, UFC Strike and the Flow blockchain, uses blockchain technology to bring NFTs and new forms of digital engagement to fans around the world paving the way to a more open and inclusive digital world starting with games and entertainment.
Since it was founded in 2018, Dapper Labs has given consumer enthusiasts a real stake in the game by bringing them closer to the brands they love, building engaged and exciting communities for them to contribute to, and producing new pathways for them to become creators themselves. Dapper Labs' current studio partners include the NBA, NBPA, WNBA, WNBPA, LaLiga, NFL, NFLPA, Warner Music Group, Ubisoft, Genies, and UFC. We have raised over $600M from leading and notable investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Coatue, Union Square Ventures, Venrock, Google Ventures (GV), Samsung, and the founders of Dreamworks, Reddit, Coinbase, Zynga, and AngelList, among others.
Dapper Labs is accelerating the move to Web3 by building new apps and platforms that enable great user experiences while being accessible to hundreds of millions of fans of organizations like the NBA and NFL, for example. We’re ready to empower even more to bring mainstream-ready user experiences and scale to web3 applications.
Visit our website to learn even more about Dapper Labs, including information about benefits and perks.
Your application has been successfully submitted.