Engineering Manager, CryptoKitties
Most things worth doing can't be done alone, and coordinating a team is both harder and more important than is generally acknowledged.
We're looking for an inspiring Engineering Manager with a passion for the blockchain, NFT and digital collection space to join our CryptoKitties team. CryptoKitties was one of the very first NFT collectible experiences and in many ways defined the paradigm for all the NFT experiences that followed. In this role you will play a key role in helping shape the next iterations of the existing CryptoKitties experience and also help set the direction for the next iteration of this groundbreaking franchise.
What we'll accomplish together
- Build, lead and grow an incredible team of engineers by hiring, mentoring, and coaching them in line with our organizational values of self-growth and high impact.
- Work with product and design leads to ensure we balance product aspirations with engineering realities, tracking useful tech specifications, and maintaining appropriate user stories.
- Define, scope, and estimate team effort during the execution of important features and projects.
- Collaborate with other engineering leads to move our engineering practice forward and uphold and improve our execution standards.
- Close the gap between technical and non-technical stakeholders - explaining technical concepts to non-technical folks and translating business-oriented and strategic plans to technical folks - to ensure that everyone is aligned around the value we are creating for our users.
A little about you
- You have an engineering background with strong technical fundamentals and a history of high-quality execution.
- Even though you may not have professional experience in the space, you have a strong interest in the NFT and digital collection space.
- Track record of delivering complex technical systems that were easy for others to maintain and use, through thoughtful structure and naming, standard design patterns, and approachable documentation.
- A strong product sense, and have delivered user-facing products through rapid iteration where requirements are uncertain or changing.
- You are an enthusiastic proponent of light-weight, agile project management.
- Comfortable with trying out new tools, failing fast, and navigating unknowns.
Bonus points if you have the following:
- Blockchain, infrastructure, or platform development experience.
- Scrum master experience.
- A beautiful collection of digital cats :D
More about Dapper Labs:
Dapper Labs, the company behind CryptoKitties, NBA Top Shot, NFL ALL DAY, UFC Strike and the Flow blockchain, uses blockchain technology to bring NFTs and new forms of digital engagement to fans around the world paving the way to a more open and inclusive digital world starting with games and entertainment.
Since it was founded in 2018, Dapper Labs has given consumer enthusiasts a real stake in the game by bringing them closer to the brands they love, building engaged and exciting communities for them to contribute to, and producing new pathways for them to become creators themselves. Dapper Labs' current studio partners include the NBA, NBPA, WNBA, WNBPA, LaLiga, NFL, NFLPA, Warner Music Group, Ubisoft, Genies, and UFC. We have raised over $600M from leading and notable investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Coatue, Union Square Ventures, Venrock, Google Ventures (GV), Samsung, and the founders of Dreamworks, Reddit, Coinbase, Zynga, and AngelList, among others.
Dapper Labs is accelerating the move to Web3 by building new apps and platforms that enable great user experiences while being accessible to hundreds of millions of fans of organizations like the NBA and NFL, for example. We’re ready to empower even more to bring mainstream-ready user experiences and scale to web3 applications.
Visit our website to learn even more about Dapper Labs, including information about benefits and perks.
Your application has been successfully submitted.