Software Engineer - Full Stack
Genies is culture’s leading avatar technology company empowering humans to create their own avatar ecosystems. Genies provides tools (Genies Avatar Creator OS) that allows users to create their own avatars, avatar wearable fashion lines, avatar worlds, and avatar interactive experiences in web3. The company has 99% celebrity market share through its partnerships with Universal Music Group and Warner Music Group as their “official avatar and digital goods NFT provider” with thousands of Genie creators including Justin Bieber, Migos, Cardi B, and J Balvin. Bringing the power of NFTs and crypto to culture, Genies’ avatar ecosystem NFT marketplace “The Warehouse” built with Dapper Labs, allows talent, IP, and creators to design and sell their avatar ecosystem creations (i.e. avatar fashion lines) to the masses. Genies has raised $100M till date from investors such as Mary Meeker’s Bond, NEA, Breyer Capital, and more.
Genies is looking for a passionate Software Engineer, Full Stack to join our web/full stack team. The successful candidate will join a high-performing team and play an integral role building out our web based NFT marketplace, products and applications. We're looking for creative thinkers who have a love for coding and a passion for problem solving to create world class consumer-facing products.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Create web pages using React/Node and other technologies
- Build and develop new user facing experiences that are responsive and performant
- Assist in implementing frontend designs for various features
- Create support and technical documentation
- Partner closely with cross functional teams in design, product and other business units
- Participate in Quality Assurance and website testing
What You Should Have:
- This position requires a 4 year degree with 1 to 4 years of work experience
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Good foundation in data structures and algorithms
- Familiarity with Git and Github for version control
- Experience and understanding around concepts like Web Services and REST APIs preferred
- Understanding of Cloud infrastructures such as Amazon Web Services preferred
- A strong background in software engineering and computer science fundamentals
- Awareness of Agile methodologies and Scrum preferred
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Sense of urgency and accountability
Here's why you'll love working at Genies:
- You'll work with a team that you’ll be able to learn from and grow with, including support for your own professional development
- You'll be at the helm of your own career, shaping it with your own innovative contributions to a nascent team and product with flexible hours and a work from home policy
- You'll enjoy the culture and perks of a startup, with the stability of being well funded
- Comprehensive health insurance for you and your family (Anthem + Kaiser Options Available), Dental and Vision Insurance
- Competitive salaries and 401K program for all full time employees
- Flexible paid time off, sick time, and paid company holidays, in addition to paid parental leave, bereavement leave, and jury duty leave for full-time employees
- Health & wellness support through programs such as monthly wellness reimbursement
- Working in a brand new, bright, open-environment and fun office space - there’s even a slide!
- Choice of MacBook or windows laptop
Genies is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.
Your application has been successfully submitted.