Chief Technology Officer
The Football Company is a Munich-based start-up with the vision to drive football culture through technology. The Football Club allows football fans worldwide to collect, trade, and play with officially licensed football and lifestyle crypto goods. It's becoming the world's reference platform for football fans to live their passion further and engage with clubs, brands, and players. TFC is a free-to-play global fantasy football game and blockchain NFT marketplace for virtual goods where users can trade official digital assets. We are on a mission to unlock the football Metaverse for fans worldwide. World-class footballers and VCs back TFC.
The CTO will be responsible for the technical vision and architecture. Develop and execute the company's technology strategy in line with the company's business strategy and focus on blockchain, scalability, reliability, security, and profitability.
Germany / Croatia / Remote
- Technical leadership and management.
- Supervise recruitment, training, retention, and organization of all engineering staff.
- Develop a vision and execute your plans to turn that vision into a reality.
- Spend up to 50% of your hands-on development with the engineering team.
- Implement best practices and guidelines to improve performance, scalability, and security continually.
- Advise team on code quality technical decisions and accompany them during the realization of concepts.
- Work closely together with Product Management and Marketing in strategy development and the development process.
- Evaluate and introduce new technologies and development practices.
- Ensure that technology standards and best practices are maintained across the organization.
- Ensure company technical problems are resolved in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Participate as a senior management team member in establishing governance processes of direction and control to ensure that objectives are achieved, risks are managed appropriately, and the organization's resources are used responsibly.
- Communicate the company's technology strategy to investors, management, staff, partners, customers, and stakeholders.
- Share knowledge, mentor, and educate the organization's investors, management, staff, partners, customers, and stakeholders concerning the company's technological vision, opportunities, and challenges.
- Experience with building service-based architecture, including the use of microservices frameworks.
- Strong knowledge of DevOps and cloud infrastructure services (GCP preferred).
- Proven understanding of front-end and back-end web development technologies and principles.
- Extensive knowledge of Java, SpringBoot framework, Redis MQ, object-oriented programming, and SQL database technologies.
- Familiarity with Micronaut, Redis streams, and JHipster development platform
- Experience and passion in working with Solidity and/or Cadence.
- Experience with smart contracts.
- Demonstrated ability to research and learn new technologies.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Previous leading role in an early-stage technology company.
- Excellent social, writing and verbal communication skills.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- 6+ years of experience in building large-scale digital products within a high-growth environment.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Play fantasy football. Earn coins. Collect & trade officially licensed NFT items. Welcome to the Football Metaverse.