Marketing Lead, Brud DAO (Dapper Collectives)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Brud DAO team is on a mission to create a completely new type of storytelling organization - one owned, monetized and governed by its community. Our aim is a world where value flows to the people that create it. We are converting Lil Miquela, currently a “social media TV show” playing out across social and other media channels, into a DAO. This will be a first-of-its-kind media DAO, home to creators and fans of the story of Miquela, which has been unfolding since 2017. If you’re a creative, innovative, agile and strategic marketer with a passion for/interest in the future of storytelling, Web3 and community, this is the role for you.
This is a role for a strategic marketer with a proven ability to understand and drive action across a wide-range of audiences varying in interests and demographics (from fine art to pop music, Gen Z girls to older male crypto enthusiasts). The right candidate not only has the ability to think critically about where and how to best engage each audience, but also has experience leveraging traditional, innovative and creative tactics across disciplines to meet measurable objectives and long-term goals. Are you the one to drive awareness as we transfer creative power to fans, followers and a broader community of artists, creators, investors and partners?
The Marketing Lead will work in close collaboration with other leaders of the Brud DAO, most critically the community and storytelling teams, to evangelize our mission and DAO from vision to inception, from launch to growth.
The Marketing Lead will:
- Position, launch and drive adoption of the Brud DAO, leveraging their skills and expertise to ensure the right fans and creators come through our “front door”
- Develop campaigns / programs that help people to engage in this new evolution of story, the opps for participation, what it means for Miq, what it means for Brud, etc.
- Ideate and execute creative solutions to onboarding Miquela's audience to the idea of ownership and collectibles.
- own revenue targets based on sales of DAO output (NFTs)
- Lead and own marketing and communications for this forward-thinking, community-driven media organization, owning the delivery of messages and engagement across owned, managed and paid channels
- Drive awareness, consideration, engagement and conversion for the Brud DAO
- Define DAO value proposition to onboard key audience segments - From artists, storytellers and VFX artists - to future Miquela fans and collectors to crypto thought leaders - conveying and evangelizing the Brud mission, vision and ethos to core audiences within and beyond our current community.
- Explore, define and activate both traditional and non-traditional pathways, internal and external, to connect with key audience segments.
- Create and execute integrated DAO launch/GTM strategy designed to meet key objectives, building awareness, consideration and conversion for Brud DAO.
- Convert Miquela's audience to "contributors" a la her voting tool, people purchasing NFTs (super important/valuable), understanding the value of her token, industry awareness, etc.
- Lead communications, incorporating content development (storylines, scripts, speeches, talking points, blog posts, letters, press quotes, etc.) and advocacy among key thought leaders, influencers and partners, as well as all traditional comms tactics
- Lead and leverage the Brud team to become effective, enthusiastic and accurate advocates for the DAO’s mission, vision, value and community
- Manage external agencies and consultants (PR, paid media, etc) as needed/appropriate
- Ideal reference quote: “They always seem to skate where the puck is going.”
- 5-10 years marketing experience, including managing teams, launching products, owning communications and consistently hitting objectives
- Incredible writing and storytelling skills
- Empathy, good sense of humor, kindness and willingness to roll up your sleeves
- Significant leadership experience (of teams and/or projects) within fast-moving, entrepreneurial and community-driven environments
- Objective-first thinking (why are we doing this? What does success look like?); strategy before tactical approach mindset
- Communications, paid media/advertising, social media marketing (including Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, etc.), product marketing management and/or direct experience desired
- Willingness to be wildly creative, unwillingness to accept the status quo, insistence on both innovation and measurable results
- Experience in gaming and community strongly preferred
- Interest in Web3, crypto, NFTs and blockchain is a plus
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Releasing tools to allow creators of all kinds to build their own DAO communities