Executive Assistant to the Chief Legal Officer
We're looking for an Executive Assistant to support the Chief Legal Officer who is responsible for Legal, Compliance, Government Affairs, and Human Resources. This role will coordinate and manage executive scheduling, prepare and organize important legal and strategic materials and plans, and support board meetings and the preparation of board materials. This role serves as they eyes and ears for the CLO, connecting organizations, projects, and critical business information to the CLO, ensuring meetings and materials are efficient and effective, and serves as a trusted partner to deliver against the legal priorities of the business.
The dynamic nature of this role requires that the ideal candidate have exemplary time management skills and the ability to identify and anticipate the CLO's needs. The role must interact seamlessly and with a professional demeanor across a broad range of individuals including members of the Senior Management Team, Board of Directors, and leaders that report to the CLO. To perform this job successfully, the individual is expected to handle highly sensitive and confidential financial, legal, personnel and institutional information while exercising professionalism and discretion.
A little about us:
Dapper Labs is the NFT company behind CryptoKitties and the Flow blockchain as well as current titles like NBA Top Shot. Founded in 2018, Dapper Labs uses blockchain technology to bring new forms of digital engagement to fans around the world. Blockchain-enabled applications can bring fans closer with the brands they love, give people a real stake in the communities they contribute to, and create new ways for consumers to become creators themselves. Publicly-announced Dapper Labs partners include the NBA and NBPA, Warner Music Group, Ubisoft, and UFC. Notable investors in Dapper Labs include Andreessen Horowitz, Union Square Ventures, Venrock, Google Ventures, Samsung, and the founders of Dreamworks, Reddit, Coinbase, Zynga, and AngelList, among others.
Dapper team members are humble and curious entrepreneurs, builders, and tinkerers who share a passion to demystify blockchain technology and tap its potential to create change in the world. Our people are our greatest strength: our diverse crew flourishes in a distributed hierarchy where personal autonomy and professional growth are encouraged. We value our culture above else: regardless of where you came from, what you studied, or who you used to work for, your role here will necessitate both a high level of creativity and strategic thinking on complex issues. Everyone here is a founder, and no one fits in a box. We’re all driven by an insatiable thirst for learning and development, and that’s what brings us together.
What we’ll accomplish together:
- Maintain schedule and coordinate meetings, performing day-to-day administration of the office (i.e. maintain sensitive files, coordinating via slack, setup & agenda meetings, communicating with outside counsel.) Screen and prioritize correspondence and contracts for review and/or signature by the CLO.
- Schedule and execute operational controls for the Office of the CLO (i.e. leadership meetings and information sharing, team 1:1's, and coordination of the legal and regulatory calendar).
- Serve as the primary contact and liaison, including a broad range of interactions with various stakeholders, Executive leadership, Board of Directors, outside counsel and all employees.
- Manage special projects for the CLO. Schedule and host visitors including planning meetings and creating itineraries, booking and coordinating travel, and planning team events.
A little about you:
- You have provided legal executive support at private, well funded, late-stage, fast growth companies, and relish the opportunity to train a new CLO (who's willing to learn).
- You thrive under pressure from multiple angles, laugh a lot, and enjoy working with passionate people.
- Previous law office or business administrative experience and demonstrated ability to communicate to all levels within an organization.
- Writing skills sufficient to compose complex and executive level and legal correspondences. Experience working in a position in which composition of business or legal correspondences was a major responsibility.
- You are capable of applying your skills yourself, with a team, and across a variety of use cases.
- We believe in processes and the power of planning, but you will often have to roll with the punches and prioritize the most impactful tasks on the fly.
we work hard to provide our full-time team members perks that make their lives better by offering:
- Flexible vacation & remote work policy - as we accomplish our goals, time off is more than a must. Most team members take between 15-20 days off per year, but we have no hard limit for our high impact individuals.
- Diverse opportunities for learning and development - we provide resources for conferences, classes, books, and other opportunities to maintain and expand your skill set and professional growth.
- Fitness reimbursements - stay fit with our reimbursements for health-related benefits like gym memberships, fitness apps, and personal training.
- Top-Line equipment - in addition to receiving a company smartphone of your choice with a paid voice/data plan, every team member receives a generous equipment budget to try new gadgets, tools, and platforms.
- Flexible parental leave policies - We understand the importance and demands of a growing family. In addition to state, provincial, and federal leave allowances, parents on the team have the flexibility to work from home or take days off when family needs to come first.
- Fully remote role but if you live in Vancouver you can head to our office in Vancouver, fuel up with healthy snacks and coffee, get fit with an onsite gym, recover with onsite RMT/acupuncturist, and meet the many furry friends of our dog-friendly office!
A little more about us:
At Dapper Labs we recruit the best and foster an environment that empowers our team. That means a workplace that is diverse, inclusive, and open-minded. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability. Don’t sweat it if you don’t have everything listed in the above requirements. Our values include continuous improvement and curiosity. If you have some of these qualities and believe that this is the position that will make you excited to work every day, then we want to hear from you!
More about Dapper Labs:
Dapper Labs is the world's first blockchain entertainment company. We are the creators of industry-leading experiences including CryptoKitties and NBA Top Shot, as well as Dapper Wallet, the simplest way to manage your assets and use the blockchain. We are also the original developers behind Flow, a new decentralized blockchain designed from the ground up for scalability and ease of use.
Our mission at Dapper Labs is to make the world a more open, empowering, and enjoyable place through consumer adoption of decentralized technologies. We have raised over $600M from leading VCs including Fred Wilson (USV) and Chris Dixon as well as Venrock, Samsung, Google Ventures, Coatue, NBA players, and global artists, among others. Dapper Labs partners include the NBA and NBPA, the NFL-PA, Ubisoft, Warner Music, Turner, Dr. Seuss, Genies, and the UFC, as well as 100+ others.
Visit our website to learn even more about Dapper Labs, including information about benefits and perks.
Your application has been successfully submitted.