Senior Technical Writer, Developer Documentation
We're looking for a passionate Senior Technical Writer to help us improve the Flow documentation empowering developers via exceptional learning materials. The documentation is critical to make Flow the most accessible blockchain in the world.
The ideal candidate is experienced in and excited about bringing developer documentation and content to the next level.
A little about us:
Flow is the blockchain for builders. Created by Dapper Labs, the team behind CryptoKitties, Flow blockchain is designed for a new generation of consumer apps, games, and the digital assets that power them. Flow helps developers build the kinds of applications people want to use, with a focus on consumer-friendly onboarding and the ability to handle mainstream scale.
The Flow team is a humble and curious bunch of builders and scientists who share a passion for blockchain technology and the new kinds of software it enables. Our people are our greatest strength: our diverse team flourishes in an environment where personal autonomy and professional growth are encouraged. We value our culture above else; regardless of where you came from or what you studied, your role here will necessitate both a high level of creativity and strategic thinking on complex issues.
What we’ll accomplish together:
- Transform existing Flow documentation site into a learning hub with well-designed learning journeys based on developer personas and product use cases.
- Release concise and accurate new technical content like quickstarts, guides, tutorials, and references for external developer audiences.
- Review existing content, identify gaps for key documentation areas, and collaborate with other stakeholders like engineers, product managers, or developer advocates to improve content.
- Redesign information architecture and content to make it more discoverable and understandable.
- Help the entire Flow ecosystem successfully deliver content at a consistently high standard through collaboration with community and internal team members to refine best practices, standards, procedures, tools, etc.
- Ensure that management and project stakeholders are well-informed of project status, including conflicts and resolution plans.
A little about you:
- 5+ years of technical writing experience, including experience researching and writing excellent developer documentation.
- Manage complex documentation projects with a focus on maintaining high standards for clarity, consistency, accuracy, and timeliness.
- Exceptional writing skills with focus on content structure, style, and use case-driven content.
- Experience contributing to open source documentation and engaging with community members to solicit feedback.
- Experience with extracting knowledge from subject matter experts and translating that into clear and structured documentation.
- Adept at collaborating with technical and non-technical stakeholders to produce learning materials.
- Familiar with Docs as Code model of documentation (we use Markdown and GitHub).
- Comfortable in fast-paced, Agile development environments.
- Self-motivated, organized, and able to work independently and make independent judgments.
More about Dapper Labs:
Dapper Labs is the world's first blockchain entertainment company. We are the creators of industry-leading experiences including CryptoKitties and NBA Top Shot, as well as Dapper Wallet, the simplest way to manage your assets and use the blockchain. We are also the original developers behind Flow, a new decentralized blockchain designed from the ground up for scalability and ease of use.
Our mission at Dapper Labs is to make the world a more open, empowering, and enjoyable place through consumer adoption of decentralized technologies. We have raised over $600M from leading VCs including Fred Wilson (USV) and Chris Dixon as well as Venrock, Samsung, Google Ventures, Coatue, NBA players, and global artists, among others. Dapper Labs partners include the NBA and NBPA, the NFL-PA, Ubisoft, Warner Music, Turner, Dr. Seuss, Genies, and the UFC, as well as 100+ others.
Visit our website to learn even more about Dapper Labs, including information about benefits and perks.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Flow is a new blockchain built for the next generation of apps, games, and the digital assets that power them.