Strategic Sourcing Lead
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Dapper Labs is the world's first blockchain entertainment company. We are the creators of industry-leading experiences including CryptoKitties and NBA Top Shot, as well as the Dapper Wallet, the simplest way to manage your assets and use the blockchain. We are also the original developers behind Flow, a decentralized blockchain designed from the ground up for scalability and ease of use.
We are looking for a Strategic Sourcing Lead to support our Commercial Functions across the business (Product, Engineering, Marketing, IT, and Operations) in supplier selection and pricing management. You will play a key role in the development and execution of Category Plans for assigned categories, interfacing closely with business partners to understand priorities and needs, and in turn, define specific initiatives to support the business. This role will also support the optimization of internal sourcing processes, workflows and interfaces in effort to reduce time of delivery and costs in support of enabling best in class execution.
Every one of us shares a common vision: to create the future we want to live in. We need the right people to help us realize that vision.
What we’ll accomplish together:
- Collaborate closely with leaders across the business to support overall category management for specified areas of the business.
- Collect, organize, and analyze current resources and utilization and align with future roadmaps/budgets.
- Build effective, strategic relationships with the business units, vendors, and cross-functional teams.
- Leading sourcing events and activities such as RFI/RFPs, building out the bidding process, and assessing alternative solutions providers for consideration.
- Review and analyze pricing and supplier data to summarize information for reporting to stakeholders.
- Develop supplier negotiation strategies in collaboration with key stakeholders, and ensure timely execution.
- Interface directly with vendors during the sourcing and contracting processes to help the parties efficiently reach agreement on relevant business and contractual terms.
- Present and lead meetings to convey pricing/vendor recommendations and strategies.
- Continuously improve our purchasing policies with input from key stakeholders including legal, procurement, and finance.
- Measure and track internal cost savings performance to targets.
- Manage spend analytics; document supplier capabilities and maintain preferred supplier updates.
- Support corporate programs including Purchasing Card, Travel and Office Supplies.
A little about you:
- Demonstrated expertise in strategic sourcing and category management, driving change through process improvement and system implementation.
- Demonstrated expertise in supplier engagement, including onboarding, pricing, contract negotiation, and performance management.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Masters or other graduate-level degree preferred.
- Ability to understand business drivers, impact of services consumed by all business unit functions by way of total cost and service levels, quality, delivery, etc.
- Ability to develop a keen understanding of competitive landscape and benchmarking for key products and services.
- Strong relationship management skills across all levels in the organization by earning trust and credibility through excellence in execution, resolving conflicts and creating alignment across functional stakeholders.
- Proven approach as a thought partner: critical thinking versus transactional execution in all aspects of work.
- Comfort and excitement working in a fast paced, constantly evolving startup environment.
- Maintain high performance standards and has a passion for excellence and continuous improvement.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to clearly and effectively present information and technical issues to stakeholders.
- Comfort and experience working with cloud-based contract management, procurement, and accounts payable solutions.
More about Dapper Labs:
Dapper Labs is the world's first blockchain entertainment company. We are the creators of industry-leading experiences including CryptoKitties and NBA Top Shot, as well as Dapper Wallet, the simplest way to manage your assets and use the blockchain. We are also the original developers behind Flow, a new decentralized blockchain designed from the ground up for scalability and ease of use.
Our mission at Dapper Labs is to make the world a more open, empowering, and enjoyable place through consumer adoption of decentralized technologies. We have raised over $600M from leading VCs including Fred Wilson (USV) and Chris Dixon as well as Venrock, Samsung, Google Ventures, Coatue, NBA players, and global artists, among others. Dapper Labs partners include the NBA and NBPA, the NFL-PA, Ubisoft, Warner Music, Turner, Dr. Seuss, Genies, and the UFC, as well as 100+ others.
Visit our website to learn even more about Dapper Labs, including information about benefits and perks.
Your application has been successfully submitted.