This job is no longer accepting applications.
Genies is the world’s largest avatar technology company, bringing the power of NFTs and crypto to culture through its mission to own the “virtual identity layer.” The company has set the foundation for swift, widespread adaptation of avatars as virtual beings in society through its consumer-first future vision coined “Decentralized Disney of the metaverse.” Genies provides consumers and celebrities with the tools to create high-quality avatars, enabling anyone to own their digital identity and express themselves across metaverses. The technology features an avatar wearables/skins marketplace built with Dapper Labs, API integrations, and a consumer app. Investors include Bond, NEA, Breyer Capital, CAA, and Tull Investment Group. The company has 99% celebrity avatar market share through its partnerships with Universal Music Group, Warner Music Group, and individually with thousands of celebrities like Justin Bieber, Shawn Mendes, Migos, Cardi B, and J Balvin.
We are looking for a Unity Engineer with interest in highly configurable digital avatars and intuitive content tools to inspire user creativity. In this role you will apply your knowledge of real time graphics in Unity to the next generation of virtual self expression and economies of digital assets. This is a rare opportunity to break new ground as we explore the decentralized metaverse.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Write efficient, high-quality, well-designed, testable code within the timelines you help estimate
- Research, prototype, and productize solutions to our most challenging technical problems
- Architect clean, extensible software components and systems with open standards and portability
- Collaborate closely with engineering team, as well as design, art, and business teams
What You Should Have:
- At least 2 years of working professionally as a Unity Engineer
- Expert-level programming experience with C# for Unity
- Proficiency with Unity packages, systems and workflows (Addressables, URP, DOTS)
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, design patterns, testing frameworks
- Experience with optimization, CPU, GPU, and asset profiling
- Working knowledge of real time 3D graphics techniques and 3D maths
- Collision systems, deformers, dynamics, simulations, physics
- 3D graphics APIs, shaders, graphics hardware acceleration, computer
- Other game engines such as Unreal
- 3D pipelines and DCC tools such as Maya or Blender
- Deploying and testing on mobile platforms
Here's why you'll love working at Genies:
- You'll work with a team that you’ll be able to learn from and grow with, including support for your own professional development
- You'll be at the helm of your own career, shaping it with your own innovative contributions to a nascent team and product with flexible hours and a work from home policy
- You'll enjoy the culture and perks of a startup, with the stability of being well funded
- Comprehensive health insurance for you and your family (Anthem + Kaiser Options Available), Dental and Vision Insurance
- Competitive salaries and 401K program for all full time employees
- Flexible paid time off, sick time, and paid company holidays, in addition to paid parental leave, bereavement leave, and jury duty leave for full-time employees
- Health & wellness support through programs such as monthly wellness reimbursement
- Working in a brand new, bright, open-environment and fun office space - there’s even a slide!
- Choice of MacBook or windows laptop
Genies is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.
Your application has been successfully submitted.