Senior Backend Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Genies is the world’s largest avatar technology company, bringing the power of NFTs and crypto to culture through its mission to own the “virtual identity layer.” The company has set the foundation for swift, widespread adaptation of avatars as virtual beings in society through its consumer-first future vision coined “Decentralized Disney of the metaverse.” Genies provides consumers and celebrities with the tools to create high-quality avatars, enabling anyone to own their digital identity and express themselves across metaverses. The technology features an avatar wearables/skins marketplace built with Dapper Labs, API integrations, and a consumer app. Investors include Bond, NEA, Breyer Capital, CAA, and Tull Investment Group. The company has 99% celebrity avatar market share through its partnerships with Universal Music Group, Warner Music Group, and individually with thousands of celebrities like Justin Bieber, Shawn Mendes, Migos, Cardi B, and J Balvin.
Genies is looking for a passionate and experienced Senior Backend Engineer to help contribute to the current and future growth of our technology platform. As a Senior Backend Engineer here at Genies you will help play a vital role in solving complex technical challenges that Genies backend services encounter while we scale and grow our product suite, and also play an integral part in the growth of our engineering organization.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Develop backend microservices and systems supporting mobile and web applications
- Automate, test, and deploy well-designed infrastructure, code, and services at scale
- Profile and optimize for load, latency, reliability, availability, fault tolerance
- Apply best practices in all aspects of web application development including security, testability, release management, live ops
- Collaborate with product and engineering to gather requirements and refine backlog
- Collaborate with team members on architectural designs and code reviews
What You Should Have:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related and 3+ years professional experience as a software engineer
- Solid foundation in data structures and algorithms
- Development experience with Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience in developing, designing and working with Rest APIs, distributed NoSQL and relational databases, caching systems, event-driven and multi-tier architectures
- Expertise in applying software patterns and Microservices patterns
- Knowledge of cloud security best practices and cost-effective cloud architecture
- Familiarity with CI/CD, infrastructure as code
- Self-starter, analytical, creative, highly motivated with an innovative spirit
- Excellent communication skills
Here's why you'll love working at Genies:
- You'll work with a team that you’ll be able to learn from and grow with, including support for your own professional development
- You'll be at the helm of your own career, shaping it with your own innovative contributions to a nascent team and product with flexible hours and a work from home policy
- You'll enjoy the culture and perks of a startup, with the stability of being well funded
- Comprehensive health insurance for you and your family (Anthem + Kaiser Options Available), Dental and Vision Insurance
- Competitive salaries and 401K program for all full time employees
- Flexible paid time off, sick time, and paid company holidays, in addition to paid parental leave, bereavement leave, and jury duty leave for full-time employees
- Health & wellness support through programs such as monthly wellness reimbursement
- Working in a brand new, bright, open-environment and fun office space - there’s even a slide!
- Choice of MacBook or windows laptop
Genies is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.
Your application has been successfully submitted.